Rega Apollo CD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Had the demo yesterday at Synergy AV in Congleton, Cheshire with the Rega Apollo, Mira amp and RSI's and really liked the sound quality, it was pure music, unfussed and clear.

I have always used the opening bars of the song See The Lights by Simple Minds as a reference and in the percussion section it was possible to seperate out each instrument and the music was pure quality.

Everyone said that it was a good player and I must agree I'm very impressed. The lid is a bit quirky in that you have to open it to stop the CD from spinning and to me it is not that good looking but at the end of the day it is a bloody good CD and one that I will be buying.

Apparently, Synergy AV use to sell Castle spaekers and the owner Phil though that the Isis were comparable with the RSI's so I have the player on home demo until Thursday so can try them out but my first impressions are that I am very pleased.

Thanks everyone for your kind help and valuable feedback.......will be making the purchase on Thursday

Dave

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
I have the Apollo and i love it, it does need an amp with a little warmth to it to give you a truly balanced sound imho. I tried the Apollo with the Naim Nait 5i amplifier and thought it was awful - it took the clarity, dynamics and fun from the Apollo and made a mush of it, but maybe with different speakers ? I have it playing through a Musical Fidelity B200 amp and the balance is good - it softens the sound and makes it even more un-digital. Also through my old Nad 3020 it sounds pretty snappy, playing with much more energy. I think the Apollo is an excellent choice that gives you many choices of kit to partner it with.

A

Anonymous

camerashy:

Had the demo yesterday at Synergy AV in Congleton, Cheshire with the Rega Apollo, Mira amp and RSI's and really liked the sound quality, it was pure music, unfussed and clear.

I have always used the opening bars of the song See The Lights by Simple Minds as a reference and in the percussion section it was possible to seperate out each instrument and the music was pure quality.

Everyone said that it was a good player and I must agree I'm very impressed. The lid is a bit quirky in that you have to open it to stop the CD from spinning and to me it is not that good looking but at the end of the day it is a bloody good CD and one that I will be buying.

Apparently, Synergy AV use to sell Castle spaekers and the owner Phil though that the Isis were comparable with the RSI's so I have the player on home demo until Thursday so can try them out but my first impressions are that I am very pleased.

Thanks everyone for your kind help and valuable feedback.......will be making the purchase on Thursday

Dave

I would use Rega R3's instead as my speaker choice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts