Rega Apollo CD ranked class A Stereophile component

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Yet, this CD player only receives luke warm reviews in Britain. Class A components in Stereophile usually are very high priced.

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
If your only wanting the Apollo R for a transport why not look at buying just a transport?

Only an idea of course but for example Apollo R 550 pounds where a chunk of that money goes on the dac section or cyrus CD T for 600 pounds where all the money goes on making a good transport. Another choice would be musical fidelity M1 transport for 600 pounds.

I have not listened to any of these but I would imagine a dedicated transport of the same value would do a better job than a cdp.

As I say just an idea and you may just like the Apollo as it will fit nicely in with the rest of your system and look very nice which is fine also.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
To be honest I get stunning results with my Marantz & Rega DAC!

All the Rega dealers say it will be an improvement but guess I need to try myself with the marantz and rega side by side!

Ben k. has a point. If you are using it purely as a transport then it is better to buy just that.

You can get a second-hand Cyrus XT for £250 and it will knock your Marantz into a cocked-hat .... or so they say.

Apologies to NHL for diverting original thread momentarily.

Mr Beachams

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Alears....but also consider a 2nd hand Micromega transport.....ok you might have to replace the Phillips 12.something transport...... but once going would blow the Cyrus into space....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts