Recording Vinyl with a cheap usb sound card.

filipplord

Mar 16, 2021
Visit site
Hey all,
I want to record my vinyl (from my preamplifier) to my pc and i require an external audio card, I am looking for kinda cheap options since I dont want to spend too much money just yet, I found the Maya 22 usb model to suite my needs quite nicely, do you think its up for the task? Will it do a decent job? Any other devices that can help?
Thanks in advance!

filipplord

Mar 16, 2021
Visit site
I mean not really, but I want to rip some good vinyl quality and place it on a CD to gift to my uncle and what-not ...
But anyways I just want to be able to convert vinyl (and also maybe some radio off my amplifier through the Tape REC output)

filipplord

Mar 16, 2021
Visit site
I am also a classical music collector and I have an ever expanding library of vinyl records that either havent been converted to CD or the remastering for CD standars is poor.

insider9

Most modern ADCs are ok. Some better than others. There may be other issues you come across but until you try you'll never know. Reason why I asked the question as for me ripping vinyl is equivalent to taking a photo of a beautiful painting.

Reactions: Lilitti

RBinDC

Aug 21, 2020
Visit site
Most modern ADCs are ok. Some better than others. There may be other issues you come across but until you try you'll never know. Reason why I asked the question as for me ripping vinyl is equivalent to taking a photo of a beautiful painting.
Do you seriously think you can hear the difference? 24/96 is Hi Def -better than CD quality.

D

Deleted member 108165

Do you seriously think you can hear the difference? 24/96 is Hi Def -better than CD quality.
All depends on the master used for the recording, this is far more important than the audio bitrate.

Reactions: insider9

iMark

In my experience classical CDs always sound better than LPs. CDs have no noise. I only record LPs to my computer if no digital version is available.
My latest classical CD box was 60 years of the Academy of Saint-Martin-in-the-Fields. Many of the recordings I already own as original LPs that I inherited from my parents. They still sound very nice on our system. But there's no comparison to listening to pristine CDs without any noise, clicks or pop. It's a revelation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts