Recording for UHD playback

conradwebster

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
If I buy a Samsung UHD UE40KU6400 TV and a UHD Blu ray player UBD-K8500 how do I record films and series from the TV?

It seems there are no plans to add a HDD to the player so do I have to buy a HD Blu ray recorder as well? Will it upscale through the K8500 or directly to the Tv?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
AFAIK there aren't any 4K BluRay recorders on the market right now, even in Japan.
You may be able to record onto a home theatre PC (HTPC) using the right input card and software, but AFAIK no one bothers.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
AFAIK there aren't any 4K BluRay recorders on the market right now, even in Japan.

There is, the Panasonic DMR-UBZ1 with a 3TB HDD.
I stand corrected, and there's the solution to the OP's question. GBP2000 means it'll probably cost USD2000 here, so not out of this world considering what "boutique" UHD BDPs from Oppo and suchlike will probably cost. I wonder if the "basic" Panasonic UHD BDP will allow recording to an external HDD? Just think. EastEnders in HDR 4K captured for posterity (shudders) *bad*

Benedict_Arnold said:
GBP2000 means it'll probably cost USD2000 here, so not out of this world considering what "boutique" UHD BDPs from Oppo and suchlike will probably cost.

I think the Oppo (103 equivalent) will cost around £699, and £1299 for the 105 equivalent.

I wonder if the "basic" Panasonic UHD BDP will allow recording to an external HDD? 
None of the current blu ray players can do that, so I'll be surprised if the Panasonic 4K blu ray player has this feature (certainly doesn't advertise it).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts