Record from CD to CD.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folk.Any advice / recommendations on what to connect up to my CD Player & valve Amps, so as to record to a CD (disc)? :help:There's nothing down here in Australia. I've asked Cyrus Audio, Musical Fidelity and Arcam, with they have nothing. |(Steve.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
+1. You can also then add the metadata for CD players that display it.

(Loving the +1 and @ abbreviations that are now appearing on the site. Much easier)

Memphismusic

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
You can get CD recorders, but had these years ago and they are more trouble than worth.

Best to just use a lap top to burn the disc using windows media player, iTunes or Nero burning rom. Nero is good if you want to mess with mp3 and make good compilations easily. you can also remove gaps, edit out and set all your tracks to he same volume level.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If you mean stand-alone CD recorders, I don't think there are many being made anymore, which is probably why your search among those brands has been fruitless.

I concur what others have said: just use your computer to rip the tracks you want (to WAV files, not MP3), order them how you want in such as Windows Media Player or better still Nero, then burn them to a blank CD-R.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all for your advice.

I am of the "old world", where turn-tables rule and high-end sound meant undigitised "feel the music" sensation. I don't get that these days with my CD Player.

So, i am looking for a recording method that gets me as close to that as i can, without the reliance and complications of a middle-man PC. Just so much simpler recording with the touch of a button, not computer files and so on.

I was not aware of the problematic nature of the earlier CD recorders... thanks on the tip.

Steve.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately recording audio-out to audio-in from a CD player to CD recorder won't get you any closer to the sound you desire. It will just lose more in the process. To be honest, when you get used to ripping songs and burning them on a computer, it's ten billion times easier than using a CD recorder, as well as being a lot faster, and it doesn't create as many wasted CDs. Remember if you fluff up a recording, you can't rewind a bit and re-record over the bit you got wrong, the CD just ends up in the bin, unless you use CDRWs which many domestic players won't play.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts