Record cleaning machines....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just bought a heck of a lot of records... a heck of a lot... worked out the weight to be a minimum of a third of a ton... Plan is to turn a profit on them but is going to take some time and I will have to sift, sort, clean and listen...

Record cleaning machines... have WHF ever reviewed them? Perhaps pre-website days? Perhaps I need to emigrate to Gramophone (Mr. E?)... advice and opinions greatly recieved...

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
Cheapest option is the Knosti, it does work and works out cheap per album.PS...dont forget, after cleaning a new paper liner, or anti-static...

A

Anonymous

seasiders rock:
emotion-11.gif
Cheapest option is the Knosti, it does work and works out cheap per album.PS...dont forget, after cleaning a new paper liner, or anti-static...

Thanks for that... I have been looking on Ebay at the various options and although the Knosti is the cheapest option I think that the best value for money is the DIY Moth kit... where you build the plinth yourself. That rocks in at a reasonable £250...

Would you know where to buy bulk paper liners? So far I am only finding them in 10s and 50s... I obviously need to buy bulk in 100s... difficult to find a wholesaler...

A

Anonymous

I would recommend the Knosti as well it, it's cheap and effective and you can make up your own cleaning solution which makes it even more cost-effective (I'm currently working my way through my 1,000+ albums with mine) the best £30 odd quid I've spent on my vinyl.

I got mine here

As for new sleeves try here this is where I buy mine.

Both shops provide excellent service and are very reasonable.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Knosti-Disco-Antistat-Record-Cleaning-Machine-Superb_W0QQitemZ390079398259QQcmdZViewItemQQptZTurntable_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5ad28b4173&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Just my tuppence worth

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Another vote for the knosti. It does the job very well. Bit of a fiddle retracting the spindle without fingerprinting your efforts mind. Or maybe im just a clumsy so and so.

UmBongo

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
I'd vote for the Moth, as I have one myself. It's a bit of a Heath Robinson contraption, but it works. You have the advantage of cleaning the record surface properly with a brush to remove dirt engrained in the grooves, and removal of the dirt and cleaning fluid by the vacuum, leaving a dry surface and no residue. Much more effective than the Knosti. Mind you, the vacuum motor isn't half noisy! Other companies do make quieter and fancier models, but they are a lot more expensive than the Moth.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Since the OP is going to be cleaning on an industrial scale, I'd suggest that the Knosti might be a bit labour-intensive or slow.

I'd suggest the Moth, an Okki Nokki or a VPI - the best bet would be a used Keith Monks machine, although the availability of these makes hens' teeth look commonplace.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Agreed on that score andrew, ive just cleaned a couple of dozen and that was enough for today, but its still a good little tool. I guess a third of a ton of vinyl once sold, would easily cover the initial outlay for a monks jobbie. I cant be fagged to work out how many records,working on the average weight, the OPs purchase would equate to. But maybe someone will .

A

Anonymous

What about a Gem Dandy record cleaning machine.

Price is in between the industrial cleaners and the budget cleaners.

TRENDING THREADS