Recommended wall mounting height for TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

Visited some friends last night who were keen to show off their home cinema system together with wall mounted TV above the fire surround. After some 30 minutes or so into the dvd, my neck began to ache from it being stuck in a 45 degree position, by the end of the 90 minutes it took to watch the whole film, I was and still am suffering from neck ache!

Are there general rules to follow when positioning TV`s on walls for the best possible and most comfortable veiwing, as there are for PC monitors? Should imagine the same rules apply to TV screens?

A

Anonymous

Makes sense really, one other question.......

When deciding the size of a TV screen to fit in the lounge, is there a formula to apply?
Say, distance away from screen in relation to the size of the TV?

A

Anonymous

A question I was recently asking myself. There's a vid clip here
emotion-1.gif

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
In the village i live there are Tv's so high even when the person is sat down , the top of the head doesn't even reach the bottom of the Tv and they are only sat 2m away

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
It always amazes me when I see TVs mounted up as high as the ceiling. Unless you use a recliner, it's gotta be the daftest place to put a TV.*

I had my TV wall mounted so the centre of the screen horizontally is level with my eyes. Since buying a new lower suite, the centre line is now slightly higher than it should be, but not enough to cause an issue while watching.

The TV in my bedroom is up quite high on a chest of drawers at the end of my bed, but it has to be high so the Wife and I can lay in bed, have our legs bent/knees raised and still be able to watch it. I've had to angle it down towards the viewing position though as dark scenes were blotchy and indistinguishable when it was mounted flat (Stuck some spacers under the rear of the stand to tilt it forward. Not enough to cause any balance issues.)

* I do think that a fair few people understand it's not the best place, but they're trying to keep it out of reach of young children. I'd go with razor wire myself.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

Was just wondering after watching the video should projector image size be calculated following the same rules?

I had a projector demo recently and the screen was a lot larger than the video recommends. The effect was very cinematic, but I could see some noise and the like on some DVDs. BluRays were better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts