Recommended Amplifier for Monitor Audio RX6

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

dakchi

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
It's not because you have more Watts that you will have a better low level listening. Every amp is different. I have listened to a Rotel RA-12 and it was lacking a lot of bass although it has 60W per channel. That's because Rotel is known for being neutral

plasterman

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
dakchi said:
It's not because you have more Watts that you will have a better low level listening. Every amp is different. I have listened to a Rotel RA-12 and it was lacking a lot of bass although it has 60W per channel. That's because Rotel is known for being neutral

funnily I own the rotel ra 12 too and it is much better than the marantz at low level listening. Not sure how neutrality equals lack of bass or how that correlates too wattage in your context. I found the ra 12 to be fine as far as bass is concerned.

My current set up(audiolab madc and 8200 power amp) betters the rotel and trounces the marantz at low level. Thats my experience of stepping up the tree wattage wise.

dakchi said:

For my taste Rotel and MAs Silver range aren't a great match, unless the newer Rotels are a little more forgiving.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts