Question Recommended amp under £1500 for Focal 906 with room correction?

An expert in room correction would probably choose the amp and room correction as separate boxes. But I’m not one, and I’m guessing you aren’t either.

So I’d look at the fairly recent NAD M10. There’s a mark 1 on eBay for £1495 right now, though I’m not recommending any particular seller.

Reactions: Al ears

jayukguy147

Aug 12, 2022
Visit site
I will be using Tidal connect :)

Does that mean that I need to buy something with bluos?

I would like to save money if possible and buy a few year old Arcam and maybe add a device so I can stream to it, via Tidal

Does Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 match well with Focal?.... All thou expensive! I like the idea of room perfect calibration :)

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
The lyngdorf will work well with tidal and the focals are easy to drive according to the specs so should be ok. I am using kef r3 with my amp and sounds fab. I suggest you go have a read or even better contact gecko who will let you demo one at home.

jayukguy147

Aug 12, 2022
Visit site
The room my focal 906's would be in, would be ideal and I can place them on stands within there recommended position

Maybe I don't need room correction?

While here, is Tidal connect "Master" better than CD quality?

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
An expert in room correction would probably choose the amp and room correction as separate boxes. But I’m not one, and I’m guessing you aren’t either.

So I’d look at the fairly recent NAD M10. There’s a mark 1 on eBay for £1495 right now, though I’m not recommending any particular seller.
I think thats overpriced tbh no piano.I've bought two in the last year, one still under warranty and the other from 7oaks Cheltenham £1050 and £1000. Full Dirac upgrade I've seen go for £1150.

The room my focal 906's would be in, would be ideal and I can place them on stands within there recommended position

Maybe I don't need room correction?

While here, is Tidal connect "Master" better than CD quality?
You probably don’t then. I was simply responding to what I thought you asked!

Tidal is loved by WHF, but I prefer Qobuz for sound quality. Best thing is to trial each, because the content and layout is as important for many users.

I think thats overpriced tbh no piano.I've bought two in the last year, one still under warranty and the other from 7oaks Cheltenham £1050 and £1000. Full Dirac upgrade I've seen go for £1150.
I’m sure you’re right, as I don’t track NAD prices, though the OP can easily research them himself. As you’ve bought two, presumably you like them (if the price is right)?

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
I’m sure you’re right, as I don’t track NAD prices, though the OP can easily research them himself. As you’ve bought two, presumably you like them (if the price is right)?

Hi,

Yes I do, I'm in the Bluos/roon eco system and was looking to replace node/cr611 systems. I was looking at the power nodes but the M10 with more power and room correction for not that much more swung me.

Reactions: Al ears and nopiano

TRENDING THREADS