Recommend some headphones

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good set of headphones for around £30-£40? I'm only going to be using them to plug into my amp to listen to vinyl but I want some that are actually very good to listen to music on. It sounds ridiculous but I don't really know any other way to say I want a well regarded set of headphones that are actually good for listening to music and reproduce the sound very well.

My turntable is a Rega P1, my amplifier is a Rotel RA-820AX, just incase you need that info.

Thanks for your help.

russ74

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
I bought a pair of Superlux HD668B after reading the review at headfonia.com and for £35 they sound great, far superior to the Beyerdynamic DT231's they replaced. They are circumaural & semi-open in design & sound neutral & balanced. An unknown brand but the reviews fot the 668B's on the web and other forums are all pretty positive.

A

Anonymous

Hi ive always used Sennheiser headphones and i cant fault them i buy them of EbaY or Amazon ones that are 40 pounds you can get for about twenty quid one thing with Sennheiser they only make headphones and they sound excellent your Rotel amp if you plug headphones into it the sound usually comes out still so you need to connect it to one of the speaker outputs then switch a set of then you wont hear the sound thank you.

scene

I was lucky enough to win a pair of iGrados in a WHFS&V competition and they sound great - definitely worth their price. Only thing I've found is that their foam pads can get a little uncomfortable after long periods, but that's just a minor gripe.

You can get a pair of Goldring NS1000's for £60 on Play.com (damn, they were £49.99) - I'm thinking of getting some as they seem to be excellent cans - only complaint is they have a short lead. Read WHFS&V's review of them, especially (the much-missed) idc's comments...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts