Recent Minx review - calling Clare

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Shame you didn't ask this yesterday, when I ran into the Cambridge Audio team at the Munich Show!

I don't know the answer, but one of the test team at WHF may know....

Al110

Dec 6, 2008
Visit site
I'm interested in the minx speakers too,especially the ones just reviewed in the June issue and I've been doing a bit of research online at both the Cambridge Audio and Richer Sounds websites,they make no mention of the upgraded min10's the min11.

I just wondered if anyone at What hifi? knows when the revised Minx S215 will be available ? I think the revised model would be more suited to my Sony amp.

CambridgeAudioCare

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello there,

You can identify the updated satellite speakers easily as the new single satellites are called (and marked accordingly on the rear) Min11 and the new twin satellites Min21. The previous generations are called Min10 and Min20 respectively.

It's hard to pin an exact date on when they became available as some stores took new stock sooner than others but if you purchased in January, it's most likely that you have the earlier version. And whilst we always ensure each development is an improvement over its forebear, we can assure you that the original Minx satellites are really superb speakers!

belker

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
CambridgeAudioCare said:
Hello there,

You can identify the updated satellite speakers easily as the new single satellites are called (and marked accordingly on the rear) Min11 and the new twin satellites Min21. The previous generations are called Min10 and Min20 respectively.

I'm interested in these as well after reading the reviews as I need small speakers for a small room so just to clarify, if I was to go into Richer Sounds and audition the Minx S215 then the front speakers would be Min 11 and the rears Min 21?

my amps is going to be the Onkyo TX-NR515 - will these speakers be compatible with such an amp?

TIA

manicm

In a home theatre system your fronts are usually the bigger speakers. I personally would go for the bigger Min 21s all around, as well as the bigger subwoofer which makes it the S325 package. My room is small as well.

Al110

Dec 6, 2008
Visit site
The minx S215 will have 5 min10's or the new min11's and the small X200 sub depending on what your local Richer Sounds has in stock.

This is the one i'm interested in as its within my budget(Just) I hope it will work in a room 4 x 6 m athough i don't need it to go to earth shattering levels but I suppose there's always the option of going to the S325 system or just upgradeing the min11's to the 21's when funds allow.

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I will like to comment on what i currently have which are a pair of min20s with a x300 sub i get crystal clarity with deep punchy bass and they can go quite loud too, i run these with a denon 1911 with no issues.

My only query now is if i had to get the min21s for center and rear duties will they tonally match as they are now improved over the min20s.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts