Receiver recommendation to match KEF 3005 speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Greetings,

I have the KEF KHT 3005 speaker system and I am in the market for a new receiver. . I use my system mostly for movies and very seldom listen to music. I have a 50" panasonic HD plasma, a pioneer dvd player that can upconvert movies connected via hdmi and a regular satellite box that plays in SD. I am looking for a receiver that will allow me to upconvert my pictures and maximize the use of my KEF speakers. According to what I read, the Onkyo TX-SR 706 or the Yamaha RX-V863 might be a good choice for me. I am leaning towards the Yamaha but the KEF speakers can only handle 100W while the Yamaha output 105W per channel. Will this matter? I am not very tech savvy. If you all could please point me in the right direction and provide a solid recommendation, that would be great. Feel free to suggest other receivers as well. Your input is much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

Don't worry too much about power figures. The Yamaha's (and most manufacturers of A/V Receivers) power rating of 105 watts per channel is probably being extremely optimistic, and with all channels driven, will probably be quite significantly less than 105 watts per channel.

I feel that the Yamaha '863 will be good with your KEF 'egg' loudspeaker package. Otherwise, I would say check out the excellent Denon AVR1909, as well.

All the Best, mate.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:Indeed, and even if it could throw out 105W per channel, by the time you got to 100W, you would most likely be deaf unless you have a vast living room!

Hardly, given that the speakers' max SPL is only 104dB - a figure they are unlikely to achieve in any world circs.

TRENDING THREADS