Receiver for RX6 package?

jakja83

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I have decided to get a pair of RX6s, a matching centre and the RXW12, but which receiver do you recommend to run them really well?

Music is most important to me.

D

Deleted member 2457

I know the answer to this the pioneer sc-lx81/82 the best combination.

A

Anonymous

gel:I know the answer to this the pioneer sc-lx81/82 the best combination.

Obviously I agree
emotion-5.gif
, although to be fair I don't yet have the Rears yet. There is a delay at the moment with Monitor audio for the RX/FX's.

But the front's/centre still sound brill especially with music
emotion-21.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
gel:I know the answer to this the pioneer sc-lx81/82 the best combination.Careful, you'll incur the wrath of the "bright brigade" - and be flamed alive at the stake for mentioning such a suggestion!

But personally, I agree - Pioneer SCLX82 or Yamaha DSPZ7 if the budget can be stretched, if not, the Yamaha RXV3900 or RXV2065. The better the reciever you get, the better the speakers will sound.

D

Deleted member 2457

FrankHarveyHiFi:

gel:I know the answer to this the pioneer sc-lx81/82 the best combination.Careful, you'll incur the wrath of the "bright brigade" - and be flamed alive at the stake for mentioning such a suggestion!

But personally, I agree - Pioneer SCLX82 or Yamaha DSPZ7 if the budget can be stretched, if not, the Yamaha RXV3900 or RXV2065. The better the reciever you get, the better the speakers will sound.

The "bright brigade" good one FrankHarveyHiFi - that's funny, excellent posting
emotion-21.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
emotion-2.gif

FrankHarveyHiFi: But personally, I agree - Pioneer SCLX82 or Yamaha DSPZ7 if the budget can be stretched, if not, the Yamaha RXV3900 or RXV2065. The better the reciever you get, the better the speakers will sound.Having said that, the DSPZ7 is currently available for less than the LX82, and even the 72.....

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jakja83:
Hi,

I have decided to get a pair of RX6s, a matching centre and the RXW12, but which receiver do you recommend to run them really well?

If music is most important to you, I would suggest getting a more moderate receiver with front left and right pre outs and a separate stereo amp - you will get a far far better stereo sound with a £750 stereo amp than a £1500 receiver and a £750 receiver would still sound superb. Check my kit out - you could afford better than this and you would get sensational results.

A

Anonymous

I really havn't found the 82 to be bright at all. not sure if I'm disappointed or not
emotion-2.gif
was expecting it to be a bit in your face, but TBO I have gotten used to and rather like the Mellow sound ( if thats the right word) it gives for music.

A

Anonymous

I am getting RX8 floorstanders and I spoke to a dealer (Rick Musicraft) and as was shown in the Manchester convention, Onkyo and Monitor Audio were working together with the new RX range. I personally have a 876 and i do think its a great amp. I am told the yamaha's are amazing too. Do consider onkyo I was a newbie to the market and Onkyo was very easy to set up straight forward and loads of toys to play with for what you pay for.

A

Anonymous

brolly727:I am getting RX8 floorstanders and I spoke to a dealer (Rick Musicraft) and as was shown in the Manchester convention, Onkyo and Monitor Audio were working together with the new RX range. I personally have a 876 and i do think its a great amp. I am told the yamaha's are amazing too. Do consider onkyo I was a newbie to the market and Onkyo was very easy to set up straight forward and loads of toys to play with for what you pay for.

Yeah I heard it at Manchester too and thought it sounded good, not "Bright" at all
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

piobob:I really havn't found the 82 to be bright at all. not sure if I'm disappointed or not
emotion-2.gif
was expecting it to be a bit in your face, but TBO I have gotten used to and rather like the Mellow sound ( if thats the right word) it gives for music.

Piobob - what you say about your amp I know what you mean, I was expecting the same as you - but have to admit i have got used to my 81 as well. I think the pioneer vsx-lx70 was very in your face and I was expecting the same. but this to me it's the opposite - still I can't really complain because after all it is a much better amp.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:
emotion-2.gif

FrankHarveyHiFi: But personally, I agree - Pioneer SCLX82 or Yamaha DSPZ7 if the budget can be stretched, if not, the Yamaha RXV3900 or RXV2065. The better the reciever you get, the better the speakers will sound.Having said that, the DSPZ7 is currently available for less than the LX82, and even the 72.....

As a very happy LX81 owner I am obviously going to suggest the LX82. However I would audition that and the Yam Z7. You may find the Z7 more to your taste? I don't think you can go wrong with either tbh.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
They are both excellent amplifiers, and one or the other may suit some people more than others, so a demo is worthwhile. If I was to recommend one to someone who can't audition, I'd pay safe and recommend the DSPZ7.

jakja83:

Hi,

Hi jakja83

If it's within your budget than you should consider Yamaha's superb DSP-Z7 which i believe will be ideal. As i have said many times before that i believe the DSP-Z7 to be the finest VFM AV amplfier currently on the market irrespective of price (even at an RRP of £1960). Ime the one thing that i have learnt over the years (particularly when it comes to AV amps/receivers) is that Yamaha inspires confidence.

Besides which Yamaha AV amps + Monitor Audio speakers = great match (time after time)

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

gel:
piobob:I really havn't found the 82 to be bright at all. not sure if I'm disappointed or not
emotion-2.gif

Piobob - what you say about your amp I know what you mean, I was expecting the same as you - but have to admit i have got used to my 81 as well. I think the pioneer vsx-lx70 was very in your face and I was expecting the same. but this to me it's the opposite - still I can't really complain because after all it is a much better amp.

Gel

I guess you and I are part of a few who originally liked punchy -bright sounding stuff until the new age Pioneers
emotion-21.gif

I personally didn't realize what I was missing till I got mine
emotion-1.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Piobob

Did you just buy or did you demo?

I had demo the older ones and had the older one with my previous package.

But I was in a position where I had to make a decision on the day without doing a demo on the newer one.

Both have there strengths sometimes I do wonder if I made the right decision.

A

Anonymous

gel:
Piobob

Did you just buy or did you demo?

I had demo the older ones and had the older one with my previous package.

But I was in a position where I had to make a decision on the day without doing a demo on the newer one.

Both have there strengths sometimes I do wonder if I made the right decision.

Yes I did demo and was (wait for it) blown away
emotion-2.gif
emotion-4.gif

I paid out there and then cause I was very happy with the deal and couldn't be bothered to demo any more amp's etc.

I felt as though I'd travelled the world in my quest for an amp & speakers
emotion-7.gif

my existing amp was an old Sony 830 which I though was the dogs till I started demoing around

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts