Really bad luck

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So today I tried to turn up the volume through my remote on my Sugden Amp and it went off and on. Like it had to reset itself. Now it's broken. No matter what I do with the volume I hear the music very very quiet and distorted ( I need to put my ear to the speaker to hear it). Also when I change input on the amp it give a loud pop in my speakers as if the cone would almost fly out (just did that one time though). Maaan no music for me now. My dealer only opens tomorrow so let's see if he can borrow me an amp while mine is gone. Otherwise I'm going craaaazy.

matthewpiano

I'm sure Sugden will get it sorted quickly for you. They strike me as a very customer focused manufacturer.

Sorry to hear you've hit problems but don't let it spoil the amp for you. The Mystro is superb and I'm sure you'll have it back in operation in no time.

A

Anonymous

have you tried connecting other speakers to your amp? (if you have any)

A

Anonymous

dim_span:have you tried connecting other speakers to your amp? (if you have any)

Too bad I don't have any! Do you think the speakers might be the problem?

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:I'm sure Sugden will get it sorted quickly for you. They strike me as a very customer focused manufacturer.

Sorry to hear you've hit problems but don't let it spoil the amp for you. The Mystro is superb and I'm sure you'll have it back in operation in no time.

I really hope so! I think it's a really good sounding and well built amp! Hope their costumer service is on par!

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

SlickenSmooth:

dim_span:have you tried connecting other speakers to your amp? (if you have any)

hard to say without you trying ... some old amps sometimes give a loud pop sound through the speakers (either 1 channel or 2) ... the problem is normally sorted by cleaning the pots with deoxit

this is what I have read on a vintage hifi forum (I may have some of the terminology wrong but this is as I remember it)

a quick way with older amps is to do what is called 'scrubbing' ... you rapidly flick the switches 20 times or more aswell as turn the volume control rapidly approx 20 times ... this temporarily cleans them (without music being played, but with the amp switched on)

your amp sounds new so most prob is not the case? ... but worth a try?

A

Anonymous

I see. But the main problem still is that it doesn't play music even in the right input! And I've tried all three of them. I'm no technician but it seems as if the volume button is broken. When I turn it louder I don't the volume stays really quiet.

matthewpiano

I wouldn't try using anything like DeOxit on £1300 worth of brand new amp and I certainly wouldn't put this down to any kind of need for cleaning.

Speak to your dealer tomorrow, explain the problem and let the pros deal with it.

A

Anonymous

well, don't fiddle with the amp ... take it in tommorow and get it sorted ...

and if you need to listen to music tonight, listen to spotify through your pc

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
dim_span:SlickenSmooth:

hard to say without you trying ... some old amps sometimes give a loud pop sound through the speakers (either 1 channel or 2) ... the problem is normally sorted by cleaning the pots with deoxit

this is what I have read on a vintage hifi forum (I may have some of the terminology wrong but this is as I remember it)

a quick way with older amps is to do what is called 'scrubbing' ... you rapidly flick the switches 20 times or more aswell as turn the volume control rapidly approx 20 times ... this temporarily cleans them (without music being played, but with the amp switched on)

your amp sounds new so most prob is not the case? ... but worth a try?

Before giving advice like the above,you should read all of this before you get tarred with a certain brush

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy:

Before giving advice like the above,you should read all of this before you get tarred with a certain brush

A classic thread and, almost certainly, a wind up!

matthewpiano

I still think Ravey Gravey Davey has a good point.

Messing with any piece of kit that is under warranty is a fool's past-time. The moment you start taking any covers off or attempting to 'fix' any problem you risk invalidating the warranty.

Leave well alone, and leave it to Sugden to sort it out.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
PJPro:Ravey Gravey Davy:

A classic thread and, almost certainly, a wind up!

Absolutely -I just reread it all for fun- but the premise remains the same.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll let you know how it works out.

A

Anonymous

Just got back from the dealer. He was really suprised as they hardly ever come back he said. He let me borrow a Sugden Mystro amp from the shop. Great service.

Should take no longer than a week he told me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts