RE: In-Ceiling speakers or not?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm not a big home cinema fanatic, but I am redecorating my living room and have upgraded my rear speakers to in-ceiling ones. I do like the idea of also having an in-ceiling centre speaker (but not prepared to part with my current stereo front speakers).

I wondered if anyone could give me advice on centre speaker placement please as I am worried about the quality of the sound distribution from a centre in-ceiling compared with the more traditional centre under the telly placement.

My set up is a Sony STRDA5300ES used to drive the centre (type to be decided) and rears Tannoy IQ6. The Sony is used as a pre amp for the front speakers PMC DB1i via a Roksan Kandy K2 stereo.

Many thanks, Dave

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dave I think a ceiling speaker would not work well as a centre. The dialogue would seem a bit dis-embodied. However ceiling speakers would work well for surrounds.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
chudleighpaul:Hi Dave I think a ceiling speaker would not work well as a centre. The dialogue would seem a bit dis-embodied. However ceiling speakers would work well for surrounds.

Quite agree with this thought, a clleague of mine has in ceilings and it is very difficult to place sound, clearly for a centre speaker (voice essentially) it would need to lock the direction of sound to the direction and point of vision.

Rears good, not centre though

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts