Radius 720 popping

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Monitor Audio 720 sub arrived today. Sounds great, and I am very happy but I have one question... when it comes out of sleep it 'pops' quite loudly. Is this normal? Beginner - so excuse silly question ;-) Thanks.

A

Anonymous

No ideas anyone? It also happens when it goes to sleep. I also notice when volumes are low it sometimes goes to sleep... it's a nice feature that it automatically goes to sleep after 15 minutes but I'd prefer it did it when it's not in use ;-) Still, the sound is great, and I guess that's the main thing.

A

Anonymous

Last time I buy anything Monitor Audio... they wont reply to my emails... the dealer wont reply to my emails or calls... and noone here obviously knows anything about them!! Somewhat surprised. I thought it was a reputable brand? Obviously it's all a bit dodgy... In future I'll stick to vanilla Yamaha or something where at least people know about it and I can't get service.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
One of our older systems used to have a similar problem with the sleep function - basically if it wasn't getting "enough" signal coming in it would go into sleep mode, maybe turning up the sub output on the amp and turning the sub itself down would help. With regard to the popping, that's reasonably normal, it's just a power up/down thing, shouldn't be anything to worry about - in-fact the previous possible solution with the volume would probably lessen than too!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
It doesn't pop, but my PV1 is a bit sluggish waking up in 'Auto' mode.

I now leave it on 'On' all the time. Perhaps you should do the same. Turn it on in the morning and off when you go to bed, or do like me. It's on 24/7 unless I'm going away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts