Radiohead Bluray System Tester

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I just had to share this discovery...

I appreciate that Radiohead, particularly their post-"Kid A" output is a bit Marmite-like, but I happen to love their music. Anyway, just received this week "Radiohead - King of Limbs, Live from the Basement" bluray. WOW!! It has stereo PCM, Dolby and DTS surround soundtracks to choose from.

If you're after a system-tester for your Bluray AV system, then this is the one. It'll test your system in ways that movies never will. The overall balance and particularly the speed of your system will be really tested, as will its detail retrieval. There are quite a few tracks with several layers of percussion happening at once (each with quite different textures), so your system will do well to unravel it all faithfully. Interestingly I tried a variety of modes on my AV receiver and personally found that the "Rock/Pop" setting was better than "Pure Direct", so if you are tempted by this bluray, it's worth having a tweak with your settings to see what works best for you.

The format's a little unusual. It's essentially a live set without an audience. So it lacks the spark of an audience presence, but does mean that the production quality isn't compromised by poor room acoustics or inappropriately-timed coughing. The production quality of this bluray is truly top-notch. As you may be able to tell from this post, I do like this a bit. No, I like it a lot.

Any of you guys and girls discovered any good system-testing music blurays you'd like to share with us?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts