Radio recommendations

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
All

We would like a kitchen radio. Unfortunately DAB hasn't reached our part of the west country so I have been looking into internet radios.

I have been looking at the Pure Evoke 3 as this has DAB (in case we ever get it!), and FM tuner and internet radio. It was the later that I wsa considering using primarily. But then I read lots of bad things people had said about it breaking!

Essentially I am after readonable sound quality (for the kitchen) from a radio that is going to be plugged in and left in the same place. We have a decent hifi setup in the lounge so this is just for the kitchen.

Top tips would be appreciated. I find it difficult to justify spending much more than £80 on it.

I was looking at the Pure, the Roberts and the Squezebox. Having FM,DAB and wifi options seems sensible (rather than just DAB &FM or just wifi etc).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Mark

nads

I have the squeezebox radio. ( a slight misnomer) as it is just an Internet radio player that will also stream any digital music you have on your network. For me it is great as I can get the English language station I want.

They can be a bit of a pain. With software updates etc .........

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I have had a Pure Evoke Flow almost since it was launched and never had a day's problem with it. (It gets heavy usage every single day as our kitchen radio.)

However, before that, we had Roberts tabletop radios for 25 years (A Burgundy Roberts Revival iStream. or maybe even the Vita Audio R1 Deluxe. (Superb radio with all the sound quality you would expect from the company that was formed from Ruark.)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your comments. It was (of course) the Evoke Flow I was referring to in my initial posting. There have been a number of bad threads online about it which has put me off somewhat. I like the idea of having DAB as backup (even though I don't get this yet!). There is a Monitor Airstream at about the £100 mark but this doesn't have DAB though.

A

Anonymous

http://bit.ly/Rhqw0u

I've been using the Lookee TV for a while, and it has blown away my expectations. I love to travel, and I can still listen to my local radio stations whereever I go. I can also share the experience with my friends, as there are many stations of other languages. The speakers are amazing for a device so small.

Not only it's a Internet Radio player, it's also Internet TV player, and I can watch TV programs from anywhere in the world. I also love that I can hook it up to my TV and watch TV channels on my HDTV.

Overall, I think its really worth a buy! Good luck in finding what's right for you!

Joey Russell

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
MetManMark said:
Thanks for your comments. It was (of course) the Evoke Flow I was referring to in my initial posting. There have been a number of bad threads online about it which has put me off somewhat.

I've had an Evoke Flow for quite a while, and no problems with it at all. My sister and brother-in-law use one in their kitchen all the time, equally no issues to date.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
MetManMark said:
Thanks for your comments. It was (of course) the Evoke Flow I was referring to in my initial posting. There have been a number of bad threads online about it which has put me off somewhat.

I've had an Evoke Flow for quite a while, and no problems with it at all. My sister and brother-in-law use one in their kitchen all the time, equally no issues to date.

Further to my post above, earlier in the year, I bought the Vita Audio R1 Deluxe (or Ruark R1 as it is now called) and I gave the Pure Evoke Flow to our eldest daughter. It's still working fine and has been in daily use since I bought it in Autumn 2008 without a problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts