Quietest projectors

Most 3D PJs nowadays aren't particularly quiet, particularly in 3D mode where higher brightness is needed. At some point I'm going to need to replace my Mitsubishi HC7000, which was the quietest (and still is, I think!) PJ at the time at 17dB in eco mode (19dB in normal mode). Best I've seen so far has been 19dB in quiet (2D) mode. Unless something new has come out this year I don't know about, I've not seen anyone touch 17dB!

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
davidf said:
Most 3D PJs nowadays aren't particularly quiet, particularly in 3D mode where higher brightness is needed. At some point I'm going to need to replace my Mitsubishi HC7000, which was the quietest (and still is, I think!) PJ at the time at 17dB in eco mode (19dB in normal mode). Best I've seen so far has been 19dB in quiet (2D) mode. Unless something new has come out this year I don't know about, I've not seen anyone touch 17dB!

If the projector is above my head will it distract?

It can do. Not on scenes where there’s plenty going on, but very quiet scenes it can start to creep in on you. Although it can be argued that if you’re engrossed in a film, you’re less likely to notice it. As I say though, in 3D mode, brightness is ramped up and things tend to get noisier.

You could build something to house the projector to reduce noise, if it was an issue.

Andrewjvt said:
Are 22db That's good Benq w3000 is 33db

Sonys are expensive

David what is your model number?
My Mitsubishi is a HC7000. Contrast ratio lacks a little compared to modern PJs, but sharpness loses nothing. Being LCD, I also found ot more natural looking than the digital options. Ideal for 8ft or less screen wise though, as it doesn't have the brightness for big big screens.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts