Quick question....

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I have a Panasonic Blu Ray with twin HDMI as my Pioneer receiver doesn't do ARC etc...having just wall mounted my tv I'm wondering if I connect my Blu Ray with just a single HDMI through the Pioneer (don't watch 3D stuff).....will I get Dolby HD sound with 1080p picture or do I need to use nboth HDMI? (1 for sound and 1 for vision effectively)

Thanks in advance

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

HDMI carries both sound and vision, so you'll need just the one cable from BDP to amp, then another one from either amp to TV or BDP to TV.

grdunn123 said:
I have a Panasonic Blu Ray with twin HDMI as my Pioneer receiver doesn't do ARC etc...having just wall mounted my tv I'm wondering if I connect my Blu Ray with just a single HDMI through the Pioneer (don't watch 3D stuff).....will I get Dolby HD sound with 1080p picture or do I need to use nboth HDMI? (1 for sound and 1 for vision effectively)

Thanks in advance

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Cheers BB, was sat in my hotel room last night (working away) and having had my Blu Ray hooked up to watch 3D and receive HD sound with both HDMI, it struck me that I have only watched a couple of 3D BDs - if I can get away with one less cable to the tv then so much the better.

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts