quick question on 3d

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
if my tv went bust and i bought a 3d tv could i send hdmi picture to tv and an optical my non 3d amp is that possible. or am i wrong have they alter the sound format again.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i thought i would i have that at the minute and my denon 1909 has the blue hd light with dolby true hd on the display. im using a ps3 as a blu ray play. I was under the impression that ps3 is capable of being a 3d bluray player.

am asking cause i need a tv early next year upstairs and it makes sense to buy a new one for downstairs and put the other upstairs.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Yes, but at the moment you're connected to the amp with HDMI, which will carry HD audio, if you change and only have optical going to the amp you WON'T have HD audio as optical doesn't support it.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i have hdmi to tv and optical to my denon cause i was running out of hdmi outlets on my denon i have laptop,xbox,sky and camcorder into.

A

Anonymous

Oh, come on! :roll:

Option #1 : Buy a router for about 40$ (£25), use your laptop through that with a Wi-Fi TV, and free one HDMI inlet on the receiver. There, optical will be useful, allowing you to send the sound of your laptop back to the receiver from the TV. Or use Ethernet... Or something.

#2: Plug your camcorder only when you need it - and does it really have to be with HDMI? Does the sound really have to go to your receiver? Could you not send it to the TV directly, and use optical to get the sound out to the receiver?

#3: Plug your TV/Satellite with component and composite cables - many of them HD progr. out there are still using a 720P signal anyway. Or send it straight to the TV, and use optical once again.

#4: HDMI your PS3 instead of your XBOX. Use component and composite for the latter.

#...

One of these options, or another, should be possible and easily arranged for you, without compromising anything you don't want to... Any decent 3D TV will offer Wi-Fi connectivity, many are Wi-Fi ready (just like the WHF acclaimed Panasonic Plasma GT's or ST's), some with separately sold accessory. In any way possible, just shift priorities, mate! :grin: Would not be that bright to have an A/V receiver, a PS3, and not wire them together... It should not cost you more than £25, and could easily be free, whatever option you choose. Yes, a fully updated PS3 can do 3D, if you have the TV, googles and a good 1.4 HDMI cable.

I hope this was helpful for you!

A

Anonymous

And you could also use your laptop on the PS3 which would in turn be connected to the receiver... unless I'm very much mistaken.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts