Quick help needed

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
'Evening folks,

I've just got my first speakers today and need a quick confirmation that i'm wiring them up correctly. They have 2 pairs of terminals, currently not connected to each other externally. Do i need to make a jumper and wire them together, then have one run of speaker cable from amp to speaker ie red and black on amp to either red or black post on speaker with a jumper between?

Thanks

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Craig
emotion-1.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Craig M.:yes.

Craig, could you pls give me your opinion about your ATC amp, good and not so if poss. I was thinking of trying one as I'm ready to change system. Cheers

PS. what did you use before?

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
hi dm, the atc amp is superb. it is neutral, revealing, powerful, dynamic, natural sounding, imo, it's got the lot sonically. downsides, hmmm, the remote is cr-p and it's pretty big and heavy, and it gets pretty hot. the headphone socket is on the back. that's about it, and they're only downsides if you don't have a big enough rack and live in an oven. you might have guessed i love it! try to hear one with atc speakers, really match each others strengths.

before the atc i had a moon i3rs, a lovely organic sounding amp, little bit on the warm side and very natural sounding. the atc matches it for sounding natural, is more revealing and has way more punch and control. atc are totally engineering focused, and i feel very confident it will last a long time. aside from the cyrus pre power which the mag group tested against it recently, i can't think of anything at the price to challenge it and i'm not at all interested in any notion of trying to improve it.

TRENDING THREADS