Questions: From iPod to NAS

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello, I currently listen to all my music via iPOD connected to the USB drive on my AVR. I can easily browse through all my library and playlists in both my AVR or my mobile phone via app and the sound quality is quite decent. Now, I am considering the possibility to add a NAS drive to my network but I have some doubts which I hope some forum experts may be able to help me with:

Playlists – I have a lot of playlists already created in my iPOD. If I move my music to the NAS, is it possible to recreate these playlists? Manually or, automatically? Does the NAS give the possibility to create automatic playlists like iTunes?
Library – How will my library show? By folder? By artist? Where does it get the tag information from? My current library is the result of many years updating the information in iTunes (ex. artist, year, etc…). Will all this get lost?
Metadata – Ex. album cover and song information from iTunes. Will the files lose all the current iTunes metadata?
Equalization – The iPod equalizer is set to “rock” and this gives best result for music. Does NAS give possibility to equalize?

Anything else that I should take into account?
Many thanks for all the help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts