questions about sonos and unitiqute

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
music time for my house, i am thinking of purchasing a sonos set up (zonebridge, sonos 90 connected to denon 1910, and sonos s5 for bedroom) which will sort music issues out around the house. if at a later date i add a unitiqute ie is the zonebridge a network storer for the music ? does the zonebridge stream to the unitiqute or am i losing out on quality somewhere, or have i got this all wrong anyways ? any advice would be good thanks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, the ZoneBridge doesn't stream to the UnitiQute. The UQ works on a conventional home Wi-Fi network, while the Sonos equipment sets up another fine mesh network all of its own.

Of course, you could plug a ZonePlayer into the UQ, but that would kinda defeat the purpose of both.

And the ZoneBridge isn't a storage solution, but rather simply a bridge between network storage connected to a router into which the ZoneBridge is also connected, and other ZonePlayers.

A

Anonymous

can i have your opinion on the s5 as opposed to the 120 with seperate speakers ?? is there much difference ?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
brettweir:can i have your opinion on the s5 as opposed to the 120 with seperate speakers ?? is there much difference ?

About 50 quid plus the cost of speakers, I still don't understand why the S5 is cheaper than the ZP120.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As a portable solution I'd go for the S5. For ultimate sound quality - of course dependent on the speakers with which it's used - I'd go for the 120.

A

Anonymous

i get that, sorry but i meant in sound quality ? is seems like it cant be worth the extra layout or is it

scene

Depends on the speakers. The S5 is great (I have three of them) - portable, speakers are great - think of it as an iPod dock/internet radio and it's that sort of sound. Goes loud, lots of bass (can boom if put in a corner). It's the convenience sake that makes it good.

A ZP120 connected to external speakers will give you more width on the stereo and the quality of sound will depend on the speakers you choose. It won't be so convenient - harder to just pick up and cart around.

A

Anonymous

You could also go for two 120's and do a stereo pair. The sound is great.

TRENDING THREADS