question for people who know about valves / tubes

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi - I got an itube carbon mk2 today and I notice the left valve glows more brightly than the right one - not by a huge amount but maybe 10-15% brighter. I've listened carefully to known material and both left and right channels sound the same - and the overall sound (thru monitor audio BR1s) is great.

Is anyone knowledgable with valves able to say whether I should be concerned about this difference in the glow?(I called the manufacturer and was told it would only be wrong if the difference was huge but I'm not 100% convinced that wasn't just a 'fob-off')

Cheers!

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Been quite a few years since I worked with valve equipment radar/radio gear etc. The glow is from a heating element which brings the valve up to temperature in order for it to work. The fact that one glows more brightly than another should be no cause for concern.

(unless the rules are differant in the audio world). Can't see why they would be though.

A

Anonymous

thanks - yes it does seem having played a lot of music through the system the past couple of days that all is ok with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts