question for daveh75

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi daveh75 I know you are the man to ask about a strange problem with my hd boxes. The hd box in my lounge has the updated channel list but my recently aquired hd box in another room,on a multiroom sub still has the old lineup of hd channels. My question is how can i get the new lineup on the other box,I have updated the box and phoned skys customer service and they sent a new signal to the box,but still no joy,can you help,thanks.

daveh75

As far as i'm aware all boxes should have updated by now, so if a forced update/Sky trying to force one from their end hasn't worked not really sure what to suggest, other than get back on the phone and asking them to try again, as it wouldn't be the first time a CS agent has said they've 'sent a signal' and actually haven't
emotion-5.gif

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Just asking the obvious but you do have a second HD subscription for the second box?

I believe the channel shift is only for those boxes that have an HD subscription?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

daveh75

Cofnchtr:Hi,

Just asking the obvious but you do have a second HD subscription for the second box?

Good point!

I believe the channel shift is only for those boxes that have an HD subscription?

Yep, the HD swap is only implemented on boxes with an HD sub.

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
simoncar:Hi daveh75 I know you are the man to ask about a strange problem with my hd boxes. The hd box in my lounge has the updated channel list but my recently aquired hd box in another room,on a multiroom sub still has the old lineup of hd channels. My question is how can i get the new lineup on the other box,I have updated the box and phoned skys customer service and they sent a new signal to the box,but still no joy,can you help,thanks.

I'd be interested to hear what Sky said when you got back to them when the problem was still not resolved.

A

Anonymous

daveh75:
Cofnchtr:Hi,

Good point!

Yep, the HD swap is only implemented on boxes with an HD sub.

Hi guys,I do not have a second room HD sub.S o problem solved,a bit miffed that you have to pay a extra £10.25 a month just to get the same channel line up on second box,if sky was not essential in my house I would cancell.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

It is an annoying issue at our house too.

When I asked SKY CS about the extra charge, they told me it was because it was a 'premium' pack and a separate subscription was required. I pointed out the sports/movies were also a premium pack but were included in a multiroom subscription. The CS agent did not answer.

You will still receive the free HD channels - BBCHD, BBC1HD, C4HD, CH5HD, ITVHD etc.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts