Question about OLED TVs

It's worth measuring your old set, especially if it is a few years old - bezels on most new sets are very slim, so far more of the space taken up is screen. The first Pioneer plasma I had featured a bezel that was inches wide, as opposed to the millimetres that are typical today.
The actual size isn't the biggest issue. I just don't want a TV that dominates the room

Mar 6, 2022
Visit site
Burn-in is possible with OLED, but not likely with normal use. Most "burn-in" is actually image retention, which goes away after a few minutes. You'll almost certainly see image retention long before it becomes permanent burn-in. Generally speaking, burn-in is something to be aware of, but not worry about.

D

Deleted member 197450

You can pre-order the 42-inch LG OLED on John Lewis website here:

The only problem being a brand new size and an EVO panel (extra brighter) although on the 42-inch you won’t see the impact as much as a larger screen size. The reason I am telling you this is the 48-inch model is far cheaper at £400 less and it’s been much cheaper than this current price:

Now the C1 model is not an EVO panel but a great TV anyway.

If you want a cheaper model than the C‘s then there is an A1 model current going at bargain prices:

This model doesn’t have the gaming features of the C models and is less bright than them but a fine TV all the same.

You can price match John Lewis here too:

One thing about this model is that it has feet stands same as the 42-inch EVO panel on the C2 but C1 has it in the middle.

Reactions: nopiano and EvShrug
Burn-in is possible with OLED, but not likely with normal use. Most "burn-in" is actually image retention, which goes away after a few minutes. You'll almost certainly see image retention long before it becomes permanent burn-in. Generally speaking, burn-in is something to be aware of, but not worry about.
That wasn't the question asked, and going off topic in a first post makes you look a little like a spammer. Please refer to the forum's rules - they appear at the top of every sub-section.

Thanks.

Reactions: Al ears
You can pre-order the 42-inch LG OLED on John Lewis website here:

The only problem being a brand new size and an EVO panel (extra brighter) although on the 42-inch you won’t see the impact as much as a larger screen size. The reason I am telling you this is the 48-inch model is far cheaper at £400 less and it’s been much cheaper than this current price:

Now the C1 model is not an EVO panel but a great TV anyway.

If you want a cheaper model than the C‘s then there is an A1 model current going at bargain prices:

This model doesn’t have the gaming features of the C models and is less bright than them but a fine TV all the same.

You can price match John Lewis here too:

One thing about this model is that it has feet stands same as the 42-inch EVO panel on the C2 but C1 has it in the middle.
Thanx gel. They look interesting.

Obv happy enough with our current LG but as we've had it 9 years, it won't last forever.

If it’s any help, we had a 32” Sony LED in 2009, and then a few years ago my step-daughter no longer needed her 2011 LG 47” LED, so we bought it from her. The increased size didn’t take long to go unnoticed.

In January we bought an LG OLED 55” B1 from Richers. The first thing my wife said was “I thought you said it was a bigger screen than the old one”. You won’t notice if you get the 48”, apart from more in your bank account.

If it’s any help, we had a 32” Sony LED in 2009, and then a few years ago my step-daughter no longer needed her 2011 LG 47” LED, so we bought it from her. The increased size didn’t take long to go unnoticed.

In January we bought an LG OLED 55” B1 from Richers. The first thing my wife said was “I thought you said it was a bigger screen than the old one”. You won’t notice if you get the 48”, apart from more in your bank account.
Thanks NP. Yeah reluctant to change as our 32" is absolutely fine. Picture quality is still very good. Just wondered whether the new gen OLEDs would improve matters.

Thanks NP. Yeah reluctant to change as our 32" is absolutely fine. Picture quality is still very good. Just wondered whether the new gen OLEDs would improve matters.
It will, definitely. I thought our 2011 LG was pretty good, and better than most we saw at friends homes for example, but the OLED screen is dramatically superior. The brightness of reflections, glints from eyes, flashes of sunlight etc are most convincing. And all the apps work very slickly, whereas I had replaced the inbuilt ones on the old set with a Firestick this isn’t necessary now. I did upgrade my Netflix sub to 4K although it’s mainly my wife who watches it.

It will, definitely. I thought our 2011 LG was pretty good, and better than most we saw at friends homes for example, but the OLED screen is dramatically superior. The brightness of reflections, glints from eyes, flashes of sunlight etc are most convincing. And all the apps work very slickly, whereas I had replaced the inbuilt ones on the old set with a Firestick this isn’t necessary now. I did upgrade my Netflix sub to 4K although it’s mainly my wife who watches it.
Good to know.
Cheers

D

Deleted member 197450

Price already coming down on 42-inch OLED PP:

And you get free headphones.

Price already coming down on 42-inch OLED PP:

And you get free headphones.
Cheers gel. The price is decent for what you get.

The headphones hold no interest for me.

D

Deleted member 197450

£1200 now with code at RS:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts