Question about NaimUniti

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently run 4 ceiling speakers in my open plan kitchen off a Marantz PM6003. If I were to purchase a NaimUniti and connect this to the amp via the Line output would it disable the speaker output? I ask because I would like to listen to the same music in both rooms at the same time (for parties etc).

Thanks for any help you can give

John Duncan

Which way round? Pre-out of the Uniti into a spare input on the Marantz? Should work fine but would rather check (I have a spare amp to hand I can try it with).

However, sounds like a very long cable you're going to need!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. I actually have an open plan kitchen diner with 4 speakers (run by the PM6003) which now, by accident is open plan to the sitting room (the doors we ordered were damaged and the resulting hole in the wall actually works really well) The amp is in the sitting room and the speaker cable runs are 20m. The NaimUniti was always planned for the sitting room and will sit on the next shelf from the amp. With the in built DAC I could run my TV, through it etc and listen to any source in both rooms, an unexpected benefit if the line out does not disable the speaker outs

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, the NU doesn't disable its internal amplification when running into an external amp via the pre-outs or line output. Use the pre-outs if you want the NU's volume control to alter the level of the speakers in the kitchen, too; use the line-outs and you'll be able to control the level of the two zones separately, so you could, for example, have the NU turned right down, and the speakers in the kitchen still playing, or vice versa.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts