Question about DACs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Vladimir said:
stereoman said:
ok guys , I'm with you on this....Right it might be a bit my **** set up frustration making me not so objective. But still TT sound is so lovely...

Ditch the vinyl or the cat gets it.

The Digital Myth

A word though - guys if you can please listen to this mentioned Denon DCD 720AE. They introduced new really nice DACs in these series. Sounding superb to me ! The price is also a hammer...

And here is a rundown on this DAC Burr Brown PCM5142 Delta Sigma DAC by the producers...

https://bottlehead.com/smf/index.php?topic=6898.0

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Although it is certainly impressive, it's complete pointless hardware overkill. The real fidelity bottleneck is in the recording studio and it's a human.

rainsoothe

Objectively, Vinyl sounds distorted compared to CD, and objectively, CD is the better format. Which doesn't mean some people won't prefer vinyl to CD, or like both in different ways, or whatever. I have no problems with distortions or a sound that's not 100% accurate - otherwise, I would own studio monitors and be done with it. I like some degree of a specific type of colouration to my music, and vinyl colouration can have it's attraction.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
rainsoothe said:
Objectively, Vinyl sounds distorted compared to CD, and objectively, CD is the better format. Which doesn't mean some people won't prefer vinyl to CD, or like both in different ways, or whatever. I have no problems with distortions or a sound that's not 100% accurate - otherwise, I would own studio monitors and be done with it. I like some degree of a specific type of colouration to my music, and vinyl colouration can have it's attraction.
Exactly this. And there's certainly no shame in it. CD can be proved over and over again to give a more faithful rendition of the source material (eg the studio master tape) than any record. But that isn't the full story, some people just simply prefer the sound of records.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts