Question about Bluetooth Speakers

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there a 2, 4, 5, 7 or gazillion-way set that doesn't require a speaker wire connecting a "master" speaker with a "slave"? That is to say, a set where each speaker has its own receiver and a switch or something on the back to tell it to be rear left, right rear or whatever?

Reason for asking is that if I used Bluetooth speakers for the rears in my living room, I would avoid having to run wires across or through the ceiling (or under the carpet now / wood later), and I could tap a mains supply off the backs of the wall sockets and hide the mains cable inside the walls no problem. If I had to have a speaker cable between the two speakers, however, I might as well have "old fashioned" wired speakers.

Our ceiling was pre-wired for four ceiling speakers, plus another pair in the dining room, but I forgot to spec front and rear surrounds, as I was only expecting to have to have "muzak" downstairs.

jjbomber

Benedict_Arnold said:
Is there a 2, 4, 5, 7 or gazillion-way set that doesn't require a speaker wire connecting a "master" speaker with a "slave"? That is to say, a set where each speaker has its own receiver and a switch or something on the back to tell it to be rear left, right rear or whatever?

Phillips do them. Possibly Sony and Bose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts