Quantum Chips?

daveh75

Tie the word "Quantum" to anything related to high end audio, and the "hooey" alarm starts buzzing in many of our heads. Indeed, Quantum theory/mechanics is a strange, mysterious, mostly unproven realm that doesn't lend itself to a great deal of empirical data. However, there are few who will deny that there IS an effect with some quantum devices on the market (Bybee Quantum purifiers come to mind). With that, I introduce the WA-Quantum Chips. I don't know how they work, but based on my own experience, and numerous audiophiles who have been asking for VH Audio to stock this product (after hearing them)- I felt compelled to offer to you.
Has all the hallmarks of a BS audiophile product....

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I like this from the supplier website:

"Indeed, Quantum theory/mechanics is a strange, mysterious, mostly unproven realm that doesn't lend itself to a great deal of empirical data."

Well you can't "prove" a scientific theory, all you can do is see how it fits with the "empirical data". In fact quantum theory has survived all tests for close to 80 years and part of it, Quantum Electro Dynamics (QED), is the most accurately measured theory of all time, its predictions have been shown to be accurate to a degree equivalent to measuring the distance from New York to Los Angeles within the width of a human hair.

The site is worth visiting to read some of the most ridiculous pseudo-scientific nonsense you are every likely to come across. Quite made my day. :rofl:

Chris

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Ooh nice!

I might just get me some of that.....will go nicely with my Analogous Salt and Fibonacci Vinegar. :twisted:

A

Anonymous

hahaha just as I thought! Think of an high tech name and put a ridiculous pricetag and there are always people who believe you. I got more of this non-sense in my next post.

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Well, yes, it’s easy to mock, until you hear a product like this Audiocom modified OPPO BDP-95 which has a lot of this ByBee/Quantum “BS” in it (as you guys put it), and you realise just how boring the standard OPPO model can be by comparison.

http://www.audiocominternational.com/home-cinema/16-oppo-bdp-95eu-audiocom-signature.html

Personally, when you see/hear what such a modified machine can do, I’m left thinking that this ByBee/Quantum nonsense must be doing something good... even if I don’t understand how or why it does work.

Is the mockery because the term ‘Quantum’ is generally over-used/abused, or that nobody here understands what it is exactly?

I'm not pretending I understand it either, but there are many valid reviews of various products using Jack ByBee's Quantum products - see Jacks own website at www.bybeetech.com. Or take a look/listen at Nordosts own Quantum QX2/QX4 products at www.quantumqrt.com - again, highly reviewed in many magazines, and even sold by at least one dealer who regularly contributes on this forum. It can't all be BS.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
wireman said:
Is the mockery because the term ‘Quantum’ is generally over-used/abused, or that nobody here understands what it is exactly?

No, the mockery is that someone is actually selling some 'magic' sound improving stickers and making false claims. The sad part is, that some people will actually be sucked in by such nonsense.

And yes, it can all be BS.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
wireman said:
Overdose said:
...and making false claims.

I'm not trying to flame this, but how do you know? Have you tried this, or any other "Quantum" product?

"Tie the word "Quantum" to anything related to high end audio, and the "hooey" alarm starts buzzing in many of our heads. Indeed, Quantum theory/mechanics is a strange, mysterious, mostly unproven realm that doesn't lend itself to a great deal of empirical data. However, there are few who will deny that there IS an effect with some quantum devices on the market (Bybee Quantum purifiers come to mind). With that, I introduce the WA-Quantum Chips. I don't know how they work, but based on my own experience, and numerous audiophiles who have been asking for VH Audio to stock this product (after hearing them)- I felt compelled to offer to you."

As has been mentioned before already in post #3, Quantum mechanics is neither mysterious, nor unproven (as much as any theory can be). This statement alone is false and implies that these stickers possess some mystical property, defying the laws of physics.

Also, I'd like to know how the vendor managed to create these things that he knows not how they work? Where do you start with that design concept?

As far as trying these for myself, I think that the onus is on the 'designer' to tell me exactly how the product works as some sort of proof of performance, before I spend my money. Don't let me be the one to stop you buying into these mini marvels though.

Paul.

I believe in quantum chips.

(5 internet points for whomever guesses pointless TV reference...(its only 5 internetz because its an easy one))

screenshot.jpg

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
...I'd like to know how the vendor managed to create these things that he knows not how they work. Where do you start with that design concept?

I don't think he does say that he created or makes them - my reading of that full quote from his website is that he's buying them in to be able to offer them for sale and nothing more. The vendor is also saying that he doesn't understand how they work either, but in his opinion they do... and as a result of his Customers asking for them, he's decided to stock/sell them. I can't see how that makes a false claim; he's simply being honest.

As this particular 'Quantum' treatment process is 'guarded' by those who do it, it's no wonder he doesn't know - many of the re-sellers of these types of Quantum products have no idea how they work, just that (in many cases) they do. Even Sony have dabbled with CD's treated by this particular 'Quantum' process, and can reliably identify those discs which have and which have not been treated.

I don't know if these "chips" work either... I'm simply keeping an open mind given that I have seen and heard the benefits of many Quantum treated products; some do seem to work brilliantly, and others don't - or at least not in my opinion in the system that I heard/saw them tried. But that still doesn't automatically make any product BS in my view, at least until it's been tried.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
wireman said:
...I'd like to know how the vendor managed to create these things that he knows not how they work. Where do you start with that design concept?

I don't think he does say that he created or makes them - my reading of that full quote from his website is that he's buying them in to be able to offer them for sale and nothing more. The vendor is also saying that he doesn't understand how they work either, but in his opinion they do... and as a result of his Customers asking for them, he's decided to stock/sell them. I can't see how that makes a false claim; he's simply being honest.

As this particular 'Quantum' treatment process is 'guarded' by those who do it, it's no wonder he doesn't know - many of the re-sellers of these types of Quantum products have no idea how they work, just that (in many cases) they do. Even Sony have dabbled with CD's treated by this particular 'Quantum' process, and can reliably identify those discs which have and which have not been treated.

I don't know if these "chips" work either... I'm simply keeping an open mind given that I have seen and heard the benefits of many Quantum treated products; some do seem to work brilliantly, and others don't - or at least not in my opinion in the system that I heard/saw them tried. But that still doesn't automatically make any product BS in my view, at least until it's been tried.

If the vendor is not the manufacturer or 'designer', then he might be well advised to ask the person who is, to give him a quick brief on the product that he's selling. Maybe even publish some manufacturers data, other than from stickers 'r' us that is.

Keep those minds open people, oh and your wallets. ;)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Paul Hobbs said:
I believe in quantum chips.

(5 internet points for whomever guesses pointless TV reference...(its only 5 internetz because its an easy one))

screenshot.jpg

Even easier when you leave the picture's link intact...

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~uzdm0006/QL/handlink/

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~uzdm0006/QL/

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Overdose said:
If the vendor is not the manufacturer or 'designer', then he might be well advised to ask the person who is, to give him a quick brief on the product that he's selling. Maybe even publish some manufacturers data, other than from stickers 'r' us that is.

Keep those minds open people, oh and your wallets. ;)

Well, there is data published if you can be bothered googling for it, but I doubt that proves the point definitively - you can pick holes in any set of data. Personally, as with any purchase of this nature I rely on my eyes and ears, and a lot of this Quantum stuff does work...

But ya see, I do actually use some Quantum products here in my systems at home... ;)

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
"Keep an open mind –
but not so open that your brain falls out"

It's utter BS, and nobody needs to try it to find out. Or is it? (*idea for multi-dimensional quantum-fidelity field transference device website brewing, grab some pebbles from a Welsh beach, spit, polish and a £300 price tag...hmmm)

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
fr0g said:
It's utter BS, and nobody needs to try it to find out. Or is it?

Your signature is a great quote “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
wireman said:
fr0g said:
It's utter BS, and nobody needs to try it to find out. Or is it?

Your signature is a great quote “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

Yep, and it's aimed squarely against BS such as quantum stickers. They invented the term snake-oil precicely for this stuff (apparently).

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I think we have to accept that if people think they work then they work for them at least. I can hear some things that others can't and can't hear things that others can, so it's a subjective judgement.

However, the accompanying literature is hard to take - for example:

"The SE Bullets operate on a Quantum level, removing 1/f noise and improving the flow of electrons ..."

Now my quantum physics is years out of date, not that the fundamentals have changed in the interim, but I'm pretty certian that you can't remove 1/f (pink) noise, it's kinda inherent in matter, and if you could improve electron flow you be able to do things like make highly efficient electric motors and generators and if they could do that why on earth are they wasting their time making gadgets for hifi when they could be making squillions in other fields?

If they were just to say "We think they work but have no idea why." then I would give these things much more credibility. Science often comes across unexplained phenomena and this might be one but if so you don't need to invent mumbo-jumbo to explain it.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts