Quad 99 versus 909 amplifiers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Which sounds better, in terms of quality used at moderate power (e.g. 70wpc): a pair of 99 monoblocks, 99 stereo or 909 stereo. I know this is subjective, but pointers where to start will be appreciated. I will be driving electrostatic speakers (ESL 2905, very occasionally ESL 57). I measure quality as a combination of musical resolution, low distortion, clean higher music tones' frequencies and imaging - volume and power are not what drives my appreciation.

A

Anonymous

Maybe you could email Quad seeing as you're intending to use an all Quad system.

A

Anonymous

It is a fairly common statement by many dealers that the 909 is "better" than the 99 (mono or stereo). However, Quad recommended a pair of 99 monoblocs, but did not offer an explanation even when I pressed them on the 'phone. And if the 909 is the "better" amp, do you know why then Quad have dropped the 909 from the Elite series? It's all quite confusing. Final question too please :) Is there any difference between an early and a late 909?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
What sort of sound are you after?

And I'm not saying mono 909's because I'm a dealer
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I just had a look at your website and then at the Hi Fi X. Can I call
you tomorrow at work to discuss ths and a couple of other points that
came up as a result of that look? On 02476 525 200?

A

Anonymous

anyone know if quad are to release 909 monoblocs when they release updated 909 and cdp ?

currently running cdp2 and 909 with PMC ob1is and looking to use monos and/or modify or upgrade kit if monos are not on the way, advice appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts