Qobuz

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone tried this service?

Press release looks promising:

Paris, October 24th 2013

QOBUZ STARTS UP IN 8 COUNTRIES ON DECEMBER 2ND 2013 AND PROPOSES NEW OFFERS AT BRAND NEW RATES

The sound quality, Qobuz trademark

Since its creation, Qobuz has helped improve the online music standards quality, by making its contents available to the public in a sound quality still impossible to find on any other worldwide service.

•  Unique in the world:
    Subscription to Streaming Qobuz Hi-Fi, in genuine CD-quality

•  Unique in the world:
    100% of Qobuz is downloadable in CD-quality

•  Unique in the world:
    4000 albums in 24 Bits Studio Masters’ quality

•  Unique in the world:
    A growing catalog available in Multichannel Sound download (5.1)

Besides, Qobuz offers its users exclusive metadata, countless information articles about works and artists, albums, concerts and connected audio material.

Today, High Fidelity online music (16 Bits/44 KHz CD-quality or 24 Bits Masters’ Studio Quality) is not an audiophile whim anymore. It spreads at high speed because all the recordings are made in High Definition and because the audio material producers develop a growing range of products. Even general use telephones’ developers release 24 Bits compatible devices: LG G2, HTC One and so forth...

Music is finally back home. After so many years, during which mobile music was the only thing, the domestic sound restitution devices experience an outstanding expansion and deliver, to affordable prices, a brand new level of sound quality.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Did try it myself. Yes, it does sounds good, better than Spotify.. will try later how does it compare to my CD rips. One month free as well 8)

28marcus

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys, I live in France and use Qobuz.

The web site is far better organized than HDTracks with far more information, albeit in french. The daily updates are interesting and they seem to be adding loads of stuff at a rapid rate.

One feature that I have found which is not highlighted is that if you purchase, for example, a studio master version (hd quality) and download it in say FLAC, if you want to download it at a higher or lower rate in a different format you can at no charge. I downloaded 24/96 aiff for my macbook pro, when I changed to using my synology NAS I downloaded the same file again at 24/192 flac at no charge. That is pretty good, I believe you can't do that on HDtracks.

Downloads come with pdf booklets (normally), and embedded artwork with all appropriate tags including album artist.

I am not affiliated with Qobuz in any way, just a user, I think it is excellent.

Marceli

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
High Hopes I had indeed. Especially in order to listen on my Android phone.

The app kept crashing so I reinstalled it, restored factory settings and then when all failed I rooted my LG G2 and installed KIt kat.

And guess what?

I should stick to the feeling the app is crap.

Stay away.

TRENDING THREADS