Qobuz streaming service, anyone use it?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Nullgrad-UK

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Sound quality is much better than spotify but spotify has a better library for my type of musical taste(s). £19.99 a month is a bit steep but worth it if like me I'm streaming music most of the day due to being housebound with MS. I'm still on the free trail but I expect I'll be signing up.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Nullgrad-UK said:
Sound quality is much better than spotify but spotify has a better library for my type of musical taste(s). £19.99 a month is a bit steep but worth it if like me I'm streaming music most of the day due to being housebound with MS. I'm still on the free trail but I expect I'll be signing up.

I had the Qubos trial a few weeks back, it most certainly sounds 'different' to Spotify, brighter and a bit crisper.

Strangely this 'improvement' was present on Quboz 320mps streams too, in fact the differences between Qubos Flac and mp3 was marginal at most which I found dssappointing. Different streaming techniques....?

Adding a touch of mid-high boost to Spotify reduces the difference to negligable proportions on several systems that I tried and given the cost and reduced catalogue, I stuck with Spotify.

I'm enjoying my sub, and apart from the better sq, I find it much easier to move around the "library" than I did with Spotify, where I was forever selecting tracks I merely wanted to browse.

Though i can appreciate not everyone will like the layout, where Spotify is cleaner-looking, I much prefer Qobuz.

This is using iPad and AirPlay one speaker.

AfxTwn

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
What's offline mode like? Does it allow you to download the songs to your computer or is it similar to other streaming services where it just puts a file somewhere on your computer but not actual audio files and you have to still use Qobuz to actually play the music?

The reason I'm asking is because I am a Zune subscriber for £8.99 a month and I know the quality's nowhere near as good as Qobuz (it's only 192kbps), it downloads DRM-enabled WMA files to my computer so I don't have to use the Zune player. The trouble is that Zune doesn't have all the artists I'm looking for (particularly anything on Warp Records) whereas the purely streaming services do.

Are there any subscription services out there that download actual music files to your computer for offline use?

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
Nullgrad-UK said:

I had the Qubos trial a few weeks back, it most certainly sounds 'different' to Spotify, brighter and a bit crisper.

Strangely this 'improvement' was present on Quboz 320mps streams too, in fact the differences between Qubos Flac and mp3 was marginal at most which I found dssappointing. Different streaming techniques....?

Adding a touch of mid-high boost to Spotify reduces the difference to negligable proportions on several systems that I tried and given the cost and reduced catalogue, I stuck with Spotify.

+1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts