QED Revelation

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hey i want to buy the qed revelation, but can i just order like 35 Meter, and then cut the cable in the lengths i want, is there any problems cutting the cable my self, i have read much about the revevalation and it is a speciel speaker cable.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

ÿ

The cable is very good indeed as I have it on my main system.

ÿ

Just one word of warning, if you are going to terminate it yourself, or even get a shop to do it, it is an absolute pain in the posterior to terminate.

ÿ

When you cut off the outer layer of protection, you are left ith the inner tube, but the 10 strands of ÿmetal are also covered in think plastic. ÿYou have to strip back every one of these before you can add bannana plugs to it.

ÿ

Remember that is at every end, and it is very time consuming.

ÿ

I took it to music matters, and the guy behind the desk told me I was having a laugh, and it would cost a fortune to terminate.

ÿ

I did it myself in the end, but you will need a sharp stanley knife blade and be very careful when stripping the inner plastic of the very small diameter cables, otherwise you can cut straight through it!

ÿ

I must admit, it is very much worth it in the end, but I would set a full day aside for it and be prepared to cut your fingers too, or get the metal stuck in them....

ÿ

Good luck!ÿ

A

Anonymous

the 10 strands of metal covered in think plastic do they also need to be strip back when im only using bare wire

A

Anonymous

I considered buying some of this, but wanted to demo some 1st. ÿMy nearest 'decent' hi-fi shop doesn't stock it, but would order it in for me if I wanted ÿto buy it. ÿKind of useless having to buy it, without knowing if it will suit my system
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately, you will have to strip all of the strands back on the cable. ÿ

ÿ

I was going to bi-wire my speakers, but then the cost came into it. ÿI added bannana plugs to the run of cable, then I made link to go between the terminals.

ÿ

I thought I would get away without stripping it back, but damn, no I had to strip it back.

ÿ

I know it is a pain in the bum to do, but trust me, it is well worth doing it, as the sound is bang on!ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts