Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
http://whathifi.com/Review/QED-Performance-Audio-J2P/

The review says:

This QED cable
was the most stylish looking in the test. It is available in both
3.5mm-RCA (J2P) and 3.5mm-3.5mm (J2J) versions it looks and feels very
solid.

In action it’s fast and agile, but also a touch bright and lacking the dynamics and detail of the best.

ItemHitCounter.ashx

Which leads me to my question - What is the best cable then if this isn't? Couldn't find any related links...

At the moment I'm using a completely basic cable to link my hifi to my computer - it looks like this:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8734/1054guk.jpg

Thing is it crackles if I turn it up at all. It's definitely the cable as my hifi is fine when I use an optical cable or just playing cds etc. Would spending £30 - £50 on a better cable make a difference?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

http://whathifi.com/Review/Chord-Company-iChord/

I have owned the Cambridge audio Atlantic, the QED J2P, and the Chord ichord. (all rca to 3.5mm)

Without a shadow of a doubt the ichord blows the other 2 out of the water. The J2P is good, the ichord does it better. More refined mids and highs, bass is not as 'muddy' and overpowering as the J2P.

It would make a huge difference, I promise you the comparison will blow you away. If you just want to connect the computer directly from soundcard to amp, then the £50 is sooooooo worth it.

http://www.chordcables-synergyav.co.uk/acatalog/Chord_ichord.html

get it from synergy, 2m, less than £50, I recommend investing

A

Anonymous

That sounds like it might also be the a problem with the soundcard - check that with headphones if you can.

There's no best cable as such. Don't spend a lot on cable, it's not worth it, as there's little or no sound difference between them. Just look for one that's well made. Stylish matters not a whit.

A

Anonymous

2 contrasting replies.

I can guarantee it isn't a problem with the sound card. If I plug it into my motherboard sound the same thing happens. My sound card is new this week, and again using optical input is crystal clear - however, optical doesn't seem to make use of the software functionality of the card - hence my desire to use a cable such as the iChord - which I did actually order last night after doing a bit more looking.

Just hope it fixes the bassy crackling - which happens currently at any reasonably high volume. The only other possibilty is that it is an issue with the connectors on my hifi - but I hope not.

THanks

A

Anonymous

Tarquinh:
That sounds like it might also be the a problem with the soundcard - check that with headphones if you can.

There's no best cable as such. Don't spend a lot on cable, it's not worth it, as there's little or no sound difference between them. Just look for one that's well made. Stylish matters not a whit.

An ubelievable comment, its like saying theres no difference between a fiat punto and a ferrari enzo...!

A

Anonymous

Just telling it like it is!

And don't Fiat make Ferrari?

A

Anonymous

Yes they do
emotion-4.gif
I suppose the only way I would agree with you is that it is not worth spending too much depending on the setup you own. I.e, the more expensive systems will be more rewarding with better quality cables...and the only way you will achieve that will be spending more, with consideration and insight. No point in having an enzo if it has the top speed of a punto is it mate?

A

Anonymous

I just hope that having spent £50 on this cable, it's far better than the £3 cable I'm using now.

If it isn't then sobeit.

A

Anonymous

l4d:
I just hope that having spent £50 on this cable, it's far better than the £3 cable I'm using now.

If it isn't then sobeit.

Let me know what you think when you first play suing the chord...if you are not happier i will eat my shorts

A

Anonymous

I use the J2p for the same PC sound card application and the switch from cheapo cable was night and day. There is so much more clarity and detail, music from my pc actually sounds quite nice now!

For me its a great cable and very cheap on the bay

A

Anonymous

I am looking for a decent cable to transfer my tape to my computer. I have bought a Nakamichi DR2 tape deck and I am going to use Cubase to record and my tapes on to my hard drive. After identifying the ichord and the J2P, all the reviews seem to be about their performance in relation to MP3 transmission which also travels in the opposite direction, would this affect the performance? Also which would be better for analogue, the ichord seems to better built but has a lower bandwith capacity? How does this compare to the J2P in carrying an analogue signal the other way?

Any help, opinion and advice would be much appreciated peeps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts