QED AV2110 Scart - Distorting Freeview!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I am new to this site, so please bear with me.

I have recently had the same problem of my freeview channels pixalating. Basically I have a Panasonic 42" TH42PZ85B and had originally connected it to my skyplus box and dvd player via standard scarts(cheap ones). Freeview worked fine, but then I was told by a friend to get some better scarts that would improve the quality of the picture even further.

However, whilst the general Sky picture has improved after I connected AV2210 scarts, the freeview picture has become severly pixilated and I have had to disconnect the aeriel for this and just watch Sky.

Can anyone advise as to why this has happened and what Ishould do.

Thanks for your time!

A

Anonymous

larnaca65:Hi I am new to this site, so please bear with me.

I have recently had the same problem of my freeview channels pixalating. Basically I have a Panasonic 42" TH42PZ85B and had originally connected it to my skyplus box and dvd player via standard scarts(cheap ones). Freeview worked fine, but then I was told by a friend to get some better scarts that would improve the quality of the picture even further.

However, whilst the general Sky picture has improved after I connected AV2210 scarts, the freeview picture has become severly pixilated and I have had to disconnect the aeriel for this and just watch Sky.

Can anyone advise as to why this has happened and what Ishould do.

Thanks for your time!

Have you tried swapping back to what you had before to check? I think it's more likely you have a dodgy aerial lead and moving it has caused the problem.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It certainly shouldn't be anything to do with the Scart, as that's merely inputting Sky feed to the TV.

One quick question, though - why are you using the built-in Freeview tuner at all when you have a Sky feed? Surely that offers all the same channels and more?

A

Anonymous

I just felt the picture on freeview was a little bit sharper. I have now just disconnected the aerial lead for freeview and using the sky feed. Thanks for all your help & advise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts