QD-OLED TV: everything you need to know about the game-changing new TV tech

D

Deleted member 197450

it is funny that they say they never encountered burn-in in their life, it is either they just used the product for only testing or they do not own the product they can say that. Remind me of ostriches
Agree. They must never watch the news then. :)

gotty

May 20, 2022
Visit site
It shocks me that a reviewer can diminish the burn-in problem. They dismiss it as though it doesn't exist, but it does and has caused my my LG 4k OLED TV that cost a month's income to be almost unwatchable after only 4 years - and LG seems to have no interest in resolving it on my set because I'm apparently watching too many programmes with static elements and have the brightness turned up too high.

It is still a problem, but manufacturers now know it is and add things to try to minimise (but not eliminate) it.

Yes, great quality picture, but I wouldn't touch OLED in any form again.

Luckyfarm

Jun 19, 2022
Visit site
Regarding burn-in, according to Samsung, QD-OLED panels will not face any serious burn-in issues or it would not have produced a version for PC monitors where the windows bottom bar is always there with its icons.

Alienware’s QD-OLED monitor comes with a three-year warranty that includes coverage for burn-in, never seen that before with an OLED screen, they never cover burn-in.

Boglet

Mar 29, 2023
Visit site
Everything you need to know about QD-OLED, Samsung's new flat screen TV technology.

QD-OLED TV: everything you need to know about the game-changing new TV tech : Read more
In the article you state:

"A slightly more controversial issue facing OLEDs is that the organic nature of the panel means it's potentially susceptible to image retention and even burn-in. This is not the consistent, widespread problem that some (including Samsung) portray it to be, though, and we've never experienced it with any of the OLEDs that we've tested or that have been used at home by our reviewers."

I suspect that is because when they test the TVs are not old/used enough to display burn in - I can arrange for you to see it if you want 😁

I have an LG E6 65" OLED bought in 2017 - 3 months after the 5 year warranty expired (and inspite of using it in Cinema Dark mode and using the panel shift settings) the TV began to display severe burn in where the red BBC News channel logos are displayed

LG just would not entertain the idea of helping and neither would John Lewis who provided the 5 year warranty - I tried all the usual arguments in that it was an expensive premium model and should last much longer than 5 years with no success

While I love the quality and colour representatin of OLED I doubt I will buy such technology again as I doubt it can be improved upon sufficiently to stop this from happening

Reactions: Navanski

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts