Q2020i Question (New turntable setup)

FAZER

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
So after a recent trip to Europe with a bunch of DJ friends, I've fallen in love with record shopping. (Also saw some of the best DJs in the world who were almost all spinning vinyl) I've decided to build a beginner turntable setup.

After some research, mostly on this forum, I've decided on the following:

Pro-ject Debut Carbon

Denon PMA520AE

Q Acoustics 2020i

My problem is, I live in San Francisco and it's been difficult trying to find all of these. I was able to find the Denon on Amazon UK, and I believe they will ship it to me, although it will cost a little more. I found a local retailer that carries both Pro-ject and Rega turntables. But I am having trouble finding a dealer who sells Q Acoustics that will ship to the US. Does anyone know of any? I've been looking into alternatives, but I'm having the same issue with most of those. I found a local shop that sells the Dali Zenzor 1s, but it seems like thee Q2020is are a better all around speaker, and I tend to like a little more bass. My only option is to buy the Q2020is from a Canadian site or eBay but it will cost me around $400 USD, about what the Zensor 1s would cost. Do you think it would be worth it?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi and welcolm......*bye*

As a general thought, if value for money is important it, is best to look at what is available in your own market rather than paying way over the odds for european components. (If on the other hand you really want european product and are prepared to pay, fair enough.)

Given your clear pro-european bias I would check out dealers like Jerry Raskin and brands like Music Hall who make european style equipment for the US market. There small speakers (marimba?) are supposed to be pretty good and rather european sounding.

Welcome from me too.

Interestingly, I was thinking both of Music Hall, because I've seen their ads in Absolute Sound magazine, and the Technics SL1200 series deck, because it is a great piece of gear and is what DJs love.

Surely there are some audio salons in the Bay area, or Best Buy (are they still going?) which could cover the pricier and cheaper posibilities.

audipheonix

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Go for Usher s520 . I think they will be available there . I have audition both q acoustics 2020i and S520 .running by exposure 2010. the Usher was more musical and had better slam IMO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts