Question Q? for the Marantz sacd owners.... filters

so, i've spent a good few hours listening to music through the Marantz SA14S1SE today, and had a try with the filters , theres only 2, so i've swapped from one to the other, and it seems i prefer filter 2. has anyone else had an experiment with the filters? not sure what i'm hearing different, but just seems i settle for it over filter 1. placebo button? or is it actually doing anything?

D

Deleted member 108165

so, i've spent a good few hours listening to music through the Marantz SA14S1SE today, and had a try with the filters , theres only 2, so i've swapped from one to the other, and it seems i prefer filter 2. has anyone else had an experiment with the filters? not sure what i'm hearing different, but just seems i settle for it over filter 1. placebo button? or is it actually doing anything?
Yeah, I have... can't make up my mind which one I prefer though :)

Oldfart

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi Bigfish,
did have a play when new and have stuck with filter 1. My TEAC has 2 DSD and 5 PCM filters. Could drive you insane combined with upsampling options! Just cycled through. Thought that one sounds good and not experimented since.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts