Q Acoustics Q7000 Sub - possible problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Have the Q7000 system - pleased with it - but possible problem with sub. Can anyone offer an opinion? The sub has an auto power down facility. Therefore turn the system on at the mains socket. Sub comes on immediately. LED goes green on sub. Stop using system for say 5 mins. Sub switches itself off. LED goes red. So far perfectly normal.

Try to then play something again. Now if the volume is not reasonable for some discs or some sources the sub will not come on immediately. For example put a Star Wars BD on (or similar) and the sub will come on again even at low volume. Put a SKY channel on or say the original black and white 39 Steps DVD on and the sub will not necessarily switch back on immediately. Turn the volume up - or perhaps more action rather than dialouge happens on screen? - and it goes back on.

This is true when the amp - Onkyo 609 - is set to ("fake") output 5.1 channels (say Pro Logic 2) even from mono or stereo sources (as clearly the 39 Steps DVD would be). All connectors are good, all settings good.

I have always had permanenly on Subs in the past. My assumption had been that if source material was playing and the amp set to 5.1 the sub would be on even if the volume was low (or even off completely).

So is my sub working normally? - the retailer I bought it from thought so - but I wasnt necessarily convinced. The guy who picked up the the Help desk phone line at QAcoustics didnt really seem sure either way?

Many thanks

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have the Kef setup and tbh my sub has done and still does what yours is doing. I understand the sub switches on when it detects a signal, at very low volume if I'm watching late night film then I may hear sub kick in at some point during the film. This I believe is down to a very low volume. Other ppl may have different opinions.

A

Anonymous

Thank you - that helps - makes me inclined to believe this is normal for the Q7000.....any other views out there?

Hello max222,

Thanks you for purchasing the Q Acoustics 7000 loudspeaker system.

Regarding the 'signal sensing power up', I'm completely confident your sub is working correctly. It does need to detect a decent signal to trip the sensors. I'm sure you have already, but please check to make sure the sensitivity switch is set to the correct position.

May I ask if you have used the Audyssey auto set-up program on the Onkyo? If you have, you might try running it again, but this time pre-setting the 7000S volume knob to a lower level. That should mean the amp has to send a higher sub signal to achieve the required output (and trigger the sub's sensor earlier).

Incidentally, I'm currently running a Mission M-Cube system and it's exactly the same. I have to turn the volume up to trigger the sub if I'm watching ordinary TV. And before you ask, I'm going to buy a white 7000 system when the next shipment arrives. And yes I do have to pay for them (but as the project's 'golden ears' I do get a good deal :)

I've been waiting a long time for these because I knew they were going to be wonderful when I first heard the prototypes about a year ago.

Very best regards,

Steve Reichert

PR Manager - Armour Home (Q Acoustics)

A

Anonymous

Steve - many thanks for your reply also. Having come from REL subwoofers which were always on (at least seemingly to me) it is a bit of change for me.

I am liking my Q7000 lots - it is a very nice sounding and looking package.

couto27

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
hi all, i also bought the Q7000 along a speaker stands and a sub wall bracket, im a complete noob in matter of home cinema or hifi, but im learning, reading and searching.

to all new early adopters my advice is : dont push the system too far in the beginning, wait 2 or 3 weeks until the system "burn" the interior, mine after 2 weeks the sound is getting better and better.

i didnt run audyssey because i request professional help to arrange my system in place, and let me tell you, it will blow you away.

last night i watch the "rise of the planet of the apes" in atv2 with dolby digital 5.1 and it was a blast.

i also tried some blu ray copies with master audio hd, the voices, the dialogue, the blasts, the bangs and explosions are a really entertainment experience.

the q7000 takes you to a new level of home cinema, it take you deep inside the movie experience.

enjoy. :boohoo:

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have the exact same issue with the 7000 sub. The signal detection for the auto power on requires substantial volume in order to trigger the sub to switch on. I have the volume on the sub set to half way and the crossover set to max as the Yamaha RXV673 amp manages the crossover (these are generally accepted best practice settings). I reported the issue to Q-Accoustics who fobbed me off and said I should turn the volume up on the amp and down on the sub (didn't work). I also tried the opposite way round with no luck. Having had KEF, Tannoy and Rel subs in the past, I know this is an issue with the 7000 sub and not my config. I have also tested the amp by swapping the 7000 sub for a Boston Accoustics Soundware XS SE sub I have in a second system elsewhere which has no issue with auto power on at low volumes.

A taint in an otherwise great system.

Jason

Sevenxs

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi I have a problem with my sub. Just moved house. Left hi quality RCA phono cable behind. Installed new cheaper 10m one but only get a hum which will get louder if you turn up the volume on sub. Sub will auto switch off/on as it should. Any clues. Tried both sub outputs from my Yamaha amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts