Q Acoustics 2020i buy

Napster88

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi. :wave:

I recentlly visited What Hi-fi website and found theese Q Acoustics 2020i that apparentlly sound very good.

I am planning to buy them. I would like to stream music to them wirelessly from my mac.

Sorry but I am quite a noob in this department and I only know I would need some kind of amplifier, cables and other things to make them work.

I also hear stuff about DAC's that are needed to convert digital to analog signal. Do i need one of theese?

Also for an amplifier what do you guys recoment? Basically I would like to have good music quality streaming wireleslly from my mac to the speakers.

Thanks for your suggestions :)

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

to buy some thing it's the easy part!

But to buy some thing that sounds goodf and gives you exactly what you need is something quite different.

My advise is, don't buy nothing and look for professional help! Yes you may get some pointers here, but demo for your self.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What is the music format of your library, mp3, alac?

how much can you spend?

the size of your listening space?

you can get speakers with amplification and DAC built in instead of a separate amp and speakes, if it's simplicity that you want.

http://www.qacoustics.co.uk/q-acoustics-bt3-bluetooth-speakers.htm

Napster88

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I would listen music mostlly form spotify, and some MP3 from the computer.
I would spend up to £ 200, and my listening spage is quite small, regular room.Initially wanted to go for a bluetooth speaker, but i do know that the quality is not that good because of the bluetooth compression.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
With £200 you won't go far, but take a look here

http://www.whathifi.com/reviews/hi-fi/wireless-speakers

my vote goes fot the Cambridge Audio Minx Go, got one for my son and will buy another for the kitchen, it works very nice with premium Stotify streamed from my ipad and will work just fine for mp3.

Napster88

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I would see them tomorow how they sound. The look rather small, therefore I am a bit sceptical for the sound that thay can pull out...

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forum. Please don't take this the wrong way, but for your budget then buying speakers plus the extras to make them work is not your only option, and could end up being a disappointment. You will have to cut a few corners to stay in budget. Do not rule out the secondhand options as this, effectively, multiplies your budget. Also, I got my daughter a Logitech UE bluetooth amplified speaker box for Christmas. It has great tone, works really well, and will give you some change from your budget.

Napster88

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Actually I just realise now that my buged is quite limited for buying a set of decent speakers and an amplifier.

I think in the end I will go for a good wireless or bluetooth speaker. :)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Napster88 said:
Actually I just realise now that my buged is quite limited for buying a set of decent speakers and an amplifier.

Do not panic, all is not lost........ :dance:

Buy a pair of these.

http://www.studiospares.com/studio-monitors/studiospares-seiwin-powered-monitors-pair/invt/248030

The Seiwin 6a normal sized standmount speaker with 80 + 40 watts per channel for just £160. The smaller and cheaper Seiwin 5a (from the same source) is a better bet for a shelf or similar position. Real quality, way beyond anything mentioned above and practically beer money.

To get the signal from the mac to the speakers you can use an inexpensive dac in a wired connection or an Apple Airport Express if you prefer wireless.

Easy peasy, and, with care, within budget.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
Napster88 said:

Buy a pair of these.

http://www.studiospares.com/studio-monitors/studiospares-seiwin-powered-monitors-pair/invt/248030

The Seiwin 6a normal sized standmount speaker with 80 + 40 watts per channel for just £160. The smaller and cheaper Seiwin 5a (from the same source) is a better bet for a shelf or similar position. Real quality, way beyond anything mentioned above and practically beer money.

To get the signal from the mac to the speakers you can use an inexpensive dac in a wired connection or an Apple Airport Express if you prefer wireless.

Got to say you are getting a lot of bang for your buck their! What price point would you say they compare to in the HiFi market and what do they sound like comparatively?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Got to say you are getting a lot of bang for your buck their! What price point would you say they compare to in the HiFi market and what do they sound like comparatively?

Difficult to say as they are rather different to the budget hi-fi norm. Given the price, we are not looking at a really refined product here, but for the kind of use described, their strong points, bass control , punch, dynamics far outway their lack of sophistication. Mount them on proper stands and they are really rather good, very good in fact in the areas mentioned.

Getting hands on a pair really helps, they are extremely solidly built, reassuringly heavy yet finished in a mundane 'black ash' vinyl wrap, very little wasted on finish, but performance wise, value for money is first class.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
Napster88 said:

Buy a pair of these.

for the money there is to little to go rong here! This is a nice sugestion!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts