Q Acoustics 2000/ 2020 with 5 Yr Old Yamaha RX-V450 ???

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
HI friends,

I'm currently using a Yamaha RX-V450 with 5.1 Yamaha Satellite speakers that i bought 5 years ago. They are very small speakers.

I'm thinking of upgrading my Speaker Package to Q Acoustics 2000/ 2020.

1. Can my 5 years old Yamaha RX-V450 do justice to the Q Acoustics 2000/ 2020 and bring out the BEST from them or will i have to buy a Brand New A/V Reciever....???

Thanks

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I would think that something along the lines of the RXV-565 or RXV-765 (if it is a Yamaha you want) would drive these speakers well and you would certainly hear the sonic benefits.

You might also want to consider the Denon AVR-1910. This is a very accomplished amplifier and is available for less. The Denon and Yamaha are both smooth sounding performers.

If you want something with a little more muscle and clout, then it will have to be the Onkyo TX-SR607.

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ronald...

Thanks for the reply & suggestions...

1. Are you trying to say that my current Yamaha RX V450 will not be able to sound good with the Q Acoustics 2000 ?

2. Can i still use the V450 for the time being ? Will it give good sound with the Q Acoustic 2000 ? Then maybe in a year or 2 years i could get a new AV reciever. Is that a good idea ?

3. Is my V 450 good enough for now ?

Thanks pal...

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I would stick with your existing Yamaha, they were very well built, and if it is working ok why change it?

I think you should consider some other speakers rather than the q acoustics

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
rana_kirti:
Hi Ronald...

Thanks for the reply & suggestions...

1. Are you trying to say that my current Yamaha RX V450 will not be able to sound good with the Q Acoustics 2000 ?

2. Can i still use the V450 for the time being ? Will it give good sound with the Q Acoustic 2000 ? Then maybe in a year or 2 years i could get a new AV reciever. Is that a good idea ?

3. Is my V 450 good enough for now ?

Thanks pal...

1. No, but the speakers I mentioned would drive them better.

2. Yes, of course

3. Yes again.

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
guys.. thanks for the replies...

@ chudleighpaul....

Could you recommend some speakers....?!?

@ Garth Man

Wouldnt the Boston Speakers you suggested be same size as the Small Yamaha speakers i'm currently using. From the link you gave me the picture size look the same as my exsisting speakers.

I'm planning to go for bigger speakers like book shelf size.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi chudleighpaul.

Did you hear the Q Acoustics in action before concluding that they sound very harsh?

rana_kirti: I'd stick with your current Yamaha receiver if it's in good working order. Newer models may offer incremental improvements over older receivers in terms of sound quality, but upgrades often have more to do with increased connectivity.

Having owned three different receivers in the last decade, I have only experienced marginal improvements in sound quality with each successive model.

The biggest leap in performance will be experienced by playback of lossless soundtracks rather than standard Dolby Digital/DTS. As your Yamaha has multichannel analogue inputs, you can play lossless soundtracks from Blu Ray discs as long as you own a Blu Ray player with the corresponding multichannel outputs...

In short, don't get rid of a perfectly functional receiver (unless you're desperately unhappy with it) and maybe even look higher up the scale in terms of speakers, or a Blu Ray player with multichannel outs, with the money saved.

I only say this because, in hindsight, I'm not sure why I ultimately "upgraded" my receiver for a fair old outlay, when I could have achieved the equivalent improvement (or close to it) by spending far less on a Blu Ray player and some cables...

Regarding the speakers, as everyone else suggests, audition as many as you can, preferably with a Yamaha receiver (or better still, ask if you can take your receiver to the store); and don't be put off the Q Acoustics until you've heard them.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
chudleighpaul:I suggest you audition several packages other that the Q Acoustics which can be very harsh on the ear.

I have the Q Acoustics and there is no way I would describe them as
being 'harsh' as you put it.
These speakers provide a big soundstage
majoring in detail and dynamics. What amp did you hear it with?

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ear,

I think it depends on the amp. Some may like smooth while others something more dynamic, like me.

I have heard the Q Acoustics with Denon, Yamaha and Sony amps, but personally prefer it with an Onkyo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts