Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speaker System

A

Anonymous

Hi Pete,

I added a pair of plain 1050's to my 1010i 5.1 setup, through an Onkyo 606. Scale in action sequences is much improved, and 7.1 stuff sounds great (as does the 6.1 DTS ES on Lord of The Rings). Quite alot of Sky HD stuff is DD EX, so makes use of 7.1 too.

I haven't listened to much 2 channel music on this setup, but the HDDVD of Cream sounds pretty stunning in multichannel.

The integration is seamless.

I'd try and audition if you can, but I would recommend the upgrade.

All the best,

Shuggie

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi shuggieb

Thanks for your reply. That's very useful information, as I have asked this question before, without reply (obviously not the upgrade people do?).

Your comments are interesting cos the 1050 5.1 system was only 4 stars from 'what hifi', and the review complains of poor integration. But if your using the improved sub ('i' version), perhaps that improved it?

Not sure about the 1050 (not 'i'), thou, as they are BIG speakers, and the wife would go mad!

I'm probably only able to go up to the 1020/1030, or 1020i/1030i versions.

Anyone tried that upgrade?

A

Anonymous

It is the "i" sub. Haven't heard the original sub, but I seem to recall it was the main improvement in the 1010i set. I'm fairly new to the whole av scene, but the 1050s certainly seem to sit nicely with the rest of the setup to my ears. Point taken regarding size, combination of understanding wife and judicious gifts of Mulberry handbags has worked so far.

I'm guessing you'd get a similar improvement from 1030i, and if you're near a dealer, why not pop in and have a listen?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks shuggieb,

Might have to try find a dealer and set up a listen.

I do find it strange that only one dealer, as far as I have found out, sells the 1010i 5.1 speaker package with the upgraded 1030i front speakers as standard.

I have emailed them too, so hopefully they will return with some useful info, without 'just trying to get a sale' out of me!!!

Otherwise, off to 'Superfi' in Birmingham I go for an audition.......

Unless anyone else has any useful info about this topic for me?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
ok, just had a reply from the hifi shop emailed the other day.......

It's representive answered the question about whether it was worth the upgrade. The reply said:

'Yes, The Q Acoustics 1030i or 1050i speakers would play music at a much higher level of detail and because of the size of the units they will be able to produce a much deeper sound.'

Looks like I will have to go listen for myself at a shop soon, unless anyone else would like to second their opinion????

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
The dealers comments seem to be a sensible enough, whilst not 'going for a sale', but....

Would the 'what hifi' team agree with this dealer?

Clare, Andrew, Andy, ....anyone?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts