Q accoustics 2050i or tannoy dc6t

Rich111

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
HI all,

did anyone compare the Q accoustics 2050i to the Tannoy DC6T and monitor audio RX6 .Which one would you recommend?
I am after one of these but dont know which one to buy..Thanks

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the RX6s preferred them to the Tannoys but not heard the 2050s but pretty sure they would not really be in the same league

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I think all 3 of them are excellent speakers. Can't go wrong with either of them I think. Personally I would buy the Q Acoustics if I had to choose.

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I think you should have a listen yourself to the 3 speakers and I would be surprised if you did not find the RX6s the best but bear in mind a lot will depend on the associated amplifier and cd player used to demo.
You will also have to bear in mind what amp etc you will be using yourself so try to take your amp etc with you for the demo, even then you will find the perfect combo in the demo room will sound different at home.

drlindgren

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I demo'ed the DC6Ts, the RX6s and some RX8s in Sevenoaks Audio a little over a year ago.

With my amp/CD player, I felt the DC6Ts had a bit more punch at the lower end than the RX6s, but they had a bit of a different colour through the rest of the range. I wasn't sure which I preferred.

I then tried the RX8s and was utterly blown away - such a massive step-up. I was nearly weeping in the store. Suffice to say, I ended up with the RX8s. I finally tried whichever KEFs were price-equivalent to the RX8s, and they were excellent, but I was not as emotionally attached to them!

I guess the moral of this story is that it is probably worth demoing them if you can, ideally with your own equipment.

bebelacus

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I have tried the RX6 and Q Acoustics. RX6 are in a different league. Some would say no but for me was a major difference . Go for RX6 . I didnt t try the Tannoys. So,, as everyone said, try them all first. But i believe youcant go wrong with RX6. That's in case you dont have available dealers around and demo isnt possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts