Q Accoustics 2020i . how to position?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just taken delivery of new Q Accoustic 2020i, walnut finish. I haven't bought any speaker stands as yet. My Amp, and Cd units are sat on a solid pine cabinet. Will positioning these new speakers at each end of the cabinet be fine? Will they just sit on the furniture and perform well? Any thoughts would be really helpfull. Thanks.

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi cashman

It would be easy to snobbishly say "of course you need to put them on stands" and dismiss other options. My opinion is that proper stands will almost certainly do the speakers more justice than 'plonking' them on a cabinet, but I think you first have to answer some questions;

1. What size is the cabinet (width, height)?

2. Where is the cabinet relative to your listening position? Would putting the speakers on the cabinet allow them to be equi-distant from your head? Would they be too near or too close to you in this case?

3. Can you afford stands at the moment or would you prefer to save until you can get some suitable ones?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your prompt reply, and I agree with all your points.

I think i'll purchase some appropriate stands to get the most out of these speakers..

TRENDING THREADS