Purple and green fringing on Panasonic 37 plasma how can I cure?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Currently have a issue that is bugging me, in that whenever my plasma is displaying a darker scene, i tend to get purple or green fringing on peoples faces where the part is in shadow. I also get the same on similar coloured walls of the same colour. Would any body be able to advise how to correct this? I am using a QED qunex hdmip cable, with sky hd, but it also does this on normal tv thru freeview. I was in comet today and they were trying to tell me my Hdmi cable is rubbish and to buy a monster hdmi cable, and also a monster surge protector, with circuit filtration to make the power supply pure and remove noise. Would this be correct? or was he trying to sell me! appreciate your responses. thanks

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JCS123"]Hi Currently have a issue that is bugging me, in that whenever my plasma is displaying a darker scene, i tend to get purple or green fringing on peoples faces where the part is in shadow. I also get the same on similar coloured walls of the same colour. Would any body be able to advise how to correct this? I am using a QED qunex hdmip cable, with sky hd, but it also does this on normal tv thru freeview. I was in comet today and they were trying to tell me my Hdmi cable is rubbish and to buy a monster hdmi cable, and also a monster surge protector, with circuit filtration to make the power supply pure and remove noise. Would this be correct? or was he trying to sell me! appreciate your responses. thanks[/quote] I dont have the answer but i do have the same problem my tv is the Pana th 37 px-60 and the same hdmi cable it happens on normal tv and on virgin SD it is annoying it surely cant be dogdey products, too much of a coincidence but is it possible that the tv and hdmi lead are not compatible 100 %. I dont think its the power supply as i have a merlin tarantula mains leads and although helped increase the overall pic quality it does not stop the purple and green fringing.

A

Anonymous

I have the Panasonic th37px600 and also tried the Belkin pure silver av series hdmi and still get the same problem, so I am pretty sure it is nothing at all to do with the hdmi cable. Especially as the problem occurs in freeview too
I have tried picture setting in cinema and it does dramitically reduce it, but i prefer normal mode.
Is there any other ideas if you dont think it is relating to power supply? Comet were recommending the monster powercentre 1000

A

Anonymous

I think comet are trying to get some money of you but im no expert. i have just been putting up with it, hopefully now that a thread has started some other users who have a similiar prob may read it or maybe one of the whsv team may come up with the answer. If you manage to solve it post the solution please as im on most days. i would recommend the merlin Tarantula mains cable tho worth every penny.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the response will have a look into the taruntuala, but I am after something with at least 5 plug sockets on it.
Had a play with the tv last night, and managed to signifcantly reduced the fringing in auto picture mode and be increasing the colour, the only problem is that it makes people on screen look like they have a tan!

Is there anybody else who has this problem, and can please recommend a better fix, whilst keeping the picture natural?
many thanks

A

Anonymous

Is this not the dreaded purple snakes that has been discussed on a Plasma forum endlessly for the Panasonic PX60 & 600?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="buffalo bill"]
Is this not the dreaded purple snakes that has been discussed on a Plasma forum endlessly for the Panasonic PX60 & 600?
[/quote] Which forum can you let us know? please

A

Anonymous

Thanks alot for your posts. Was unsure whether to get a repair under warranty, but since reading the thread it seems this can be done!

[quote user="be4con"]There is a good thread here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=765341&highlight=snakes[/quote]

However it does look like the thread is mostly input from citizens of North America, but still I emailed the place I got my plasma, so lets hope they can help. From the thread it seems that the D board or DG board needs replacement, and that this problem mainly affects smaller plasma eg 37 inch. My brother has a Th42px60 and have not seen any problems from his at the moment.

Will let you know how I can on with warranty, if anyone else has more input please let me know, be greatly appreciated
thanks

A

Anonymous

Found out Tv can be taken away by a local company for repair, but they dont know how long it will take. Have decided to wait until the new year before trying to fix. Please can anybody else come forward who has had this problem and have been able to fix under warranty? Be great to hear from you. Many thanks

A

Anonymous

There is a huge forum on this subject.

Phone 0844 844 3852 to sort out the D-Board fix.

Most people have had this done at home. I did, and am happy with the results.

A

Anonymous

Great news just had the dealer tech round and only looked at for a second and said i will order a new d board and come back and fix it. This set is 15 mth old and as far as i can remember its been like it since it came, did not know it was a fault till JCS123 mentioned it on this forum, point is did it come from factory like this and did panasonic know abt it? makes you wonder!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi guys thanks for your last 2 posts, sorry been extremely busy for the last few weeks so not had time to post. hopefully getting my tv fixed locally in a couple of days. My brother has the Pan TH42PX60 and I was watching Pirates of carribean and the purple snakes kept distracting me! Looks like he needs a new d board too! definately makes you wonder why there are so many tv's with this problem!?
Please can you let me know how your new d board install went?
cheers guys

A

Anonymous

My Tv has gone of this morning to a local agent fingers crossed for a good fix. Anybody else had theirs fixed? and was it successful? thanks

A

Anonymous

Tv now back within 2 days! Had d board replacement done, and looks great no more snakes! If you are in the Bournemouth Area, then I highly recommend George Fry, they have done several d board replacements for other customers, so they know what to do! No chewed screws, and tv back in perfect condition. Dont put up with the snakes!! thanks to all for pointing out it was a fault.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts