Pure DMX-60 - VERY UPSET

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I purchased the Pure DMX 60 from an online retailer. This was delivered (after a 2 week delay) last Thursday. Its an all singing, all dancing dab/cd hi fi system with the ability to rewind and record live dab radio.

Simply, when the Pure DMX 60 is on standby, there is a very apparent buzzing noise. Similarly, if you are listening to a station such as Classic FM then the buzzing sound is audible over the music being played if you have the volume low.

I am not sure therefore whether the unit is faulty. I havent been able to speak to Pure about it as their support team don't work weekends but I can certainly say that having spent £200 on this hi-fi and having waited 2 weeks for it to be delivered, I am very very upset that it has this buzzing sound. The feature that sold this unit to me was the ability to record dab radio and it has a thing called an EPG guide meaning you can set stuff up to record in advance. As a result of this buzzing noise, we have been switching it off at the mains which kind of defeats the object of having the radio in the first place!

Can anyone advise me if the buzzing sound is something I should be worried about? and should therefore seek a refund or replacement. I have been led to believe that it is a transformer buzz but I am still none the wiser and am concerned that since it is displaying this noise from the beginning that I should simply return and ask for my money back. This is one of those times, when I wish I hadn't bought it online and had got it from my local argos!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I can understand the buzzing noise will be very frustrating. I'd call Pure on 01923 260511 first thing this morning and see what they say. If there is a fault, you should still be able to return it to the online retailer you bought it from and get a repair/replacement.

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
You should not hear any buzz that is loud enough to spoil whatever music you are listerning to and because you brought it online unseen under the sale of goods act you have 7 days from delivery to return it even if it was not faulty, I would return it and ask for a replacement or refund.

A

Anonymous

Thank you both for your replies. I have spoken to Pure Technical Support and whilst they seemed to be suggesting to me that the buzz is just one of those things to be expected with electrical items? as the buzz is audible over music, they said it could be faulty and are therefore arranging a replacement.

Im not sure what I will do if the replacement does the same thing but I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts