PS3 Surround Sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a PS3 and Sky HD hooked up to a Samsung HD TV both are connected by HDMI leads, I use the PS3 for both gaming and as a DVD player. I would like to get true 5.1 surround sound from both the Sky HD box and the PS3, as I use the PS3 as a DVD player I don’t really want to buy a system that includes a DVD. I would want to keep the cost as low as possible. I’m very inexperienced with this, so any advice is much appreciated, especially if you could direct me to specific make/models of equipment.
Thanks

A

Anonymous

You'll need an AV receiver and since you don't want to spend a lot, i'd say the Onkyo TX-SR605. Three HDMI cables, two for connecting the PS3 and Sky HD to the receiver, and one from the receiver to the TV, QED HDMI-P are good ones...

A

Anonymous

I think this highlights a gap in the market. The ' Home Cinema in a Box minus the DVD Player' (OK, so a new name would be needed !) could be the new black. Even the Onkyo 505 with speakers and cables would probably come to over £500 and a lot of people, me included, can find this approach a bit daunting.

There appears to be few such systems out there, yet I would have thought the market would be crying out for a simple add-on like this. (The amp could easily be incorporated in the sub woofer). A lot of us now have good upscaling dvd players or even 'budget' high def players courtesy of the PS3 or Toshiba. Something like the Sony Dav-is10 or Philips HTS9800 but without the player?

A

Anonymous

I've opted for the Sony STR-DA1200ES as there are terrific bargains to be had, and I've purchased QED QUNEX HDMI-P cables as suggested by a previous forum member!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts