ps3 or apple tv

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
ive got a ps3 with all my music saved on (320) going in to dac magic but ive just saved all my music again to i tunes lossless is it worth me investing in apple tv .would i see improvment over ps3.

A

Anonymous

Streaming wirelessly is the easiest option. If you really want, you can put Yellow Dog Linux on the PS3 and work it from there.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
thanx guys my only concern do you loose much quality streaming ive got a sling box hooked up to my sky + in the bedroom and i loose a lot of pq even in the house to my 15 inch laptop.would this be the same with audio .i dont have a lot of music about 80 gb saved apple lossless wouldent it be better saved to a hard drive or is audio streaming alot less damanding.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Audio doesn't have the same bandwidth requirements of video. I'm pretty sure the Slingbox actually compresses the video down to a smaller resolution so it can be sent over the internet which explains the quality loss you're seeing. Streaming music to your PS3 / Airport Express / Apple TV doesn't use any lossy compression so there shouldn't be any quality loss from the streaming process itself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts